The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

19 hours ago, Estragon said:

Really hoping the team get a bit of encouragement from the local area on Tuesday. Two away results at the old firm in four days is still quite the achievement.

No doubt someone will give away a throw in after 20 minutes and the old bitch behind me will make the hate noise immediately.

The last part is probably going to be true. I can predict that the group behind me, will start calling for Clarke to be sacked, if we concede the opening goal. 

Got the 3rd goal in the 2nd half as well.....

I was at the game (wee brother plays for Spartans). He's a decent wee player, and his second goal was a well struck volley from the edge of the box. Looked miles away from top level football though. Not got the physical presence, and didn't look quick enough to get away with that.

I was at the game (wee brother plays for Spartans). He's a decent wee player, and his second goal was a well struck volley from the edge of the box. Looked miles away from top level football though. Not got the physical presence, and didn't look quick enough to get away with that.
Unfortunately, I can't see him making it at the top level. I've watched him in a few U20 games this season and he gets easily brushed aside in those games to.

Bury have sacked manager Lee Clark after 2 wins in 15....

The grass isn't always greener afterall .... [emoji6]

I've no hard feelings against Clark. Gary Locke would have relegated us for sure, and he brought in Coulibaly and JJ, also gave Greg Taylor an intro.

I wasn't disappointed when he left certainly, as it never appeared like he felt we were a long-term gig for him. Quite right to take a chance in England if that's what he wanted.

Just like Estragon, I have also got no bitterness towards Lee Clarke. He managed to keep us in the division and produced one of the best games I have seen at Rugby Park. It was fair enough for him to try his luck back down south, plus he can claim that he had us in the top 6, when he left. 

Despite his signings being extremely hit and miss, along with his love of a right-back, he still managed to keep us up and get us a nice profit through the sales of Big Josh and Coulibaly. 

59 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I've no hard feelings against Clark. Gary Locke would have relegated us for sure, and he brought in Coulibaly and JJ, also gave Greg Taylor an intro.

I wasn't disappointed when he left certainly, as it never appeared like he felt we were a long-term gig for him. Quite right to take a chance in England if that's what he wanted.

34 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Just like Estragon, I have also got no bitterness towards Lee Clarke. He managed to keep us in the division and produced one of the best games I have seen at Rugby Park. It was fair enough for him to try his luck back down south, plus he can claim that he had us in the top 6, when he left. 

Despite his signings being extremely hit and miss, along with his love of a right-back, he still managed to keep us up and get us a nice profit through the sales of Big Josh and Coulibaly. 

Agreed. Under Locke we were as good as relegated and while it took us until the very last day to get that safety we managed it - and what style we did it in too! I've scarcely seen Rugby Park as good as that - big home and away supports, brilliant weather and a good game to boot. Falkirk were still in it up until the third goal I felt, and I think that sometimes gets forgotten about because of the emphatic scoreline. 

I met Clark a couple of times in my role at the club and he was a perfectly nice guy, always had time for you and did some positive things. I don't think we'll ever really know how things would have worked out had he stayed longer - like Estragon says you never really got the feeling that he was in it for the long run with us but given he always wanted to get another job in England it's fair enough. You get the feeling that his next job will be a make-or-break one though, I do hope he manages to get some stability for his own sake but without him we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

3 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Agreed. Under Locke we were as good as relegated and while it took us until the very last day to get that safety we managed it - and what style we did it in too! I've scarcely seen Rugby Park as good as that - big home and away supports, brilliant weather and a good game to boot. Falkirk were still in it up until the third goal I felt, and I think that sometimes gets forgotten about because of the emphatic scoreline. 

I met Clark a couple of times in my role at the club and he was a perfectly nice guy, always had time for you and did some positive things. I don't think we'll ever really know how things would have worked out had he stayed longer - like Estragon says you never really got the feeling that he was in it for the long run with us but given he always wanted to get another job in England it's fair enough. You get the feeling that his next job will be a make-or-break one though, I do hope he manages to get some stability for his own sake but without him we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

He did fine with us. Quite sad to see he's lost his job so quickly. but he'll never get  a stable manager's job. Which club, in a stable situation, is going to take on such an unstable manager? He did the same at Bury as he did with us, throwing in player after player with  a scattergun approach to signings. He'll only ever be a manager of the desperate.

We definitely are improving under Clarke. The only thing I am worried about (worried is probably too strong a word) is the fact we seem to sit very deep in order to avoid losing goals at the start of games and we end up losing goals. Admittedly, we have probably done this because we have faced the best sides in the league in the last few games. Clarke admitted it himself that he felt we sat in a bit too much and started slowly against hibs. 

I genuinely believe we will pump hearts this weekend. 

Waiting for that to come back and bite me on the arse.

The only thing I am worried about (worried is probably too strong a word) is the fact we seem to sit very deep in order to avoid losing goals at the start of games and we end up losing goals.

This is a lack of confidence and little more tbh. Last season we had a terrible habit of conceding immediately after we scored - and I feel it's been replaced with this habit, particularly in the minutes leading up to the end of each half.

We've conceded more than half our goals between 30-45 and 75-90 - and scored only twice.