The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

tbf to maths, the first 6 months dicker was at killie he was rotten, spent most of the time passing the ball to opponents. possibly due to the shit football Carlisle played in the English diddy leagues. once he got up to speed at the higher level of our league he was superb

I'm also not a huge fan of Gary Dicker.  I do like him but I don't think hes amazing.  

To be fair he did do very well at centre half for us last season when needed and then season our return to form (obs including the SSC factor) has coincided with his return from injury but some Killie fans seem like they would like to do his masturbating for him.

We are a much better team with Dicker than without. His job isn't to spray amazing passes all over the pitch, its to break up play and lay it off to someone better which he does very, very well.

Some Killie fans make out his passing is horrendously bad though and it really is not.

I think Gary Dicker is a fantastic player, and he's stepped it up a level since Clarke came in.  He controls the tempo in the middle of the park and is always the one guy showing for the ball from the defence and starting off attacks.

As a thank you to our fans for their magnificent support of the team this season, all members of the Kilmarnock squad have clubbed together to give you the chance to win a 2018/19 season ticket.

The players have purchased an Adult Season Ticket for the East Stand and a QTS Family Ticket in the Moffat Stand for next season to show their gratitude for the backing they've received this term.

To be in with a chance of claiming this prize, we want you to send us a picture or video of you recreating your favourite Killie moment from the 2017/18 season.

Send your picture or video to us @OfficialKillie on Twitter using #JoinTheRevival and our players will select the winner.

8 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Hibee quote from last week: "Dicker's a bit of a no-nonsense hard c**t eh? Shoves it about in midfield and sorts things out. Power is yer baller, Dicker is what you've been lacking for a while".

Yep. It was a toin-coss between them for POTY IMO.

Dicker only finished in 4th place in the POTY voting, carried out on Killie Kickback, through out the season.

On 05/05/2018 at 13:05, C4mmy31 said:

Dicker only finished in 4th place in the POTY voting, carried out on Killie Kickback, through out the season.

The tyranny of the majority.  I really like Power, but I think at least 4 or 5 other guys deserved it ahead of him.  Power is the sort of player people instantly like because he works hard and gets stuck in, but at the very least Boyd, Jones, Dicker, Broadfoot and O'Donnell have been better over the season.

I don't mind Power winning it but for me he was nowhere near POTY.  For me, Taylor was our best player all season. Even BC, (before Clarke),  in August, Sep time he was good and he's just kept this level of consistency up. I also think he is the reason JJ has played so well as he's given him the space to play.

1 hour ago, killienick said:

I also think he is the reason JJ has played so well as he's given him the space to play.

This can also be down to how close they are with each other as well. They know each others game so well and Taylor always knows how JJ plays. This was really apparent when we had Findlay at LB for a few games, JJ and Taylor just have a really great level of chemistry.

On the subject of the POTY. Personally, I couldn't pick one single player. I tried to look at who still performed well (even in a team of under-performers) before Clarke but honestly i just can't really remember many of the first 8 games.  There were too many great players this season and IMO not one performed consistently better than the others. Can't say i'm disappointed at Power winning it though.

Edited by BlueKillie

Apparently he needed emergency surgery for a twisted testicle.

PS the "cla55" is in reference to Killie's current points total. Apparently RM in a frenzy, suggesting it's a sign he's off to Ibrox......... it's not  

Edited by C4mmy31

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

You've flung a dart right into the lipstick there BK. It's like somebody has to be Miss World, but ye wouldn't fling turn doon a night oot in Mack's and a game of pool with any of them.

Couldn't have put it any better myself mate ;)

The strange thing about Power winning POTY is that, even if you only count from the Partick game a couple of days after SC joined the club, he has probably played less games than all of the other contenders.

Like everyone else though I’m not unhappy with him winning it. We’ve had such a good year that regardless of who won it we could’ve picked numerous others.

ETA - Before Craigkillie blasts me with stats my comments about the amount of games power has played is based purely on memory.

Alan McLeish has just sold QTS this morning,  for £80m. Further investment on the cards perhaps?

It's also being mentioned Phyllis McLeish & a TiK director are about to be appointed to the BoD.

Edited by C4mmy31

Alan McLeish has just sold QTS this morning,  for £80m. Further investment on the cards perhaps?
It's also being mentioned Phyllis McLeish & a TiK director are about to be appointed to the BoD.

My understanding is that the QTS owner is a Rangers fan?

Obviously he could choose to invest as a business decision as opposed to personal preference.

My understanding is that the QTS owner is a Rangers fan?

Obviously he could choose to invest as a business decision as opposed to personal preference.

I do work for QTS and spoke to the head of marketing yesterday about this. Nothing changes for us. The agreement is in place for 2 years and will still be honoured by QTS. Once the 2 years are up she didn’t know if it will be renewed, Renew will take over that part of the business or what.
Good news is it’s great for QTS and we will still have their support.

I do work for QTS and spoke to the head of marketing yesterday about this. Nothing changes for us. The agreement is in place for 2 years and will still be honoured by QTS. Once the 2 years are up she didn’t know if it will be renewed, Renew will take over that part of the business or what.
Good news is it’s great for QTS and we will still have their support.

Appreciate I’m only getting rumours but the word on the street is that Mrs (Ms?) McLeish is joining our board very soon.

Which is the complete opposite of what I thought would happen.