The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Club have passed 2500 season tickets and are approaching 3000. See what happens with a few postive signings. Hopefully 1/2 more to come. We should try to target 4000 by the dundee game and that would be a great increase from last season.

Is there anyone on here who

A-didn't get one last year and did so this

Or

B- is getting one but yet has still not done so.

C'mon lets get right behind the team and make it a sucessful season for the oldest profesional team in Scotland

Ktid

Club have passed 2500 season tickets and are approaching 3000. See what happens with a few postive signings. Hopefully 1/2 more to come. We should try to target 4000 by the dundee game and that would be a great increase from last season.

Or

C'mon lets get right behind the team and make it a sucessful season for the oldest profesional team in Scotland

Ktid

Won't be getting one this year!! Too expensive and not worth the money as I don't attend enough matches...

Or

Ktid

How do you know we are nearly at 3000? Was there not supposed to be some prize draw when we reached 2500?

I haven't renewed yet, will pick up an adult and child next time before the friendliest start.

Won't be getting one this year!! Too expensive and not worth the money as I don't attend enough matches...

Make the effort.

Me and my mate get a family stand ticket (Moffat last year, better view East stand this year) £290

I pay £145 /18 games = £7.63 a game for me and my boy.

Now how the hell is that too expensive?

The Evening News says you're in for Dale Carrick and we're happy to let him go like we were with Keatings. Really disappointed if we let him go, obviously injuries ruined last year but if he can get a run of games he is a very good player. Quick, strong, works like a dog and can finish. Top lad as well.

The Evening News says you're in for Dale Carrick and we're happy to let him go like we were with Keatings. Really disappointed if we let him go, obviously injuries ruined last year but if he can get a run of games he is a very good player. Quick, strong, works like a dog and can finish. Top lad as well.

Can't say I've seen him play but he sounds like the kind of guy that would work wonders with Boyd

Make the effort.

Me and my mate get a family stand ticket (Moffat last year, better view East stand this year) £290

I pay £145 /18 games = £7.63 a game for me and my boy.

Now how the hell is that too expensive?

Because A) I'm in the Frank Beattie, B) I don't attend anywhere near enough to make a season ticket viable, C) The cost for me to travel to the games mean that it is not worth it for me to go to as many as possible, D) I work many Saturdays!!

In all I went to about 8 or 9 home games (including the A*r and St Johnstone League Cup ties)!! This season I see it being less games in total due to a promotion!!

We knocked £50 of our tickets, i think it was then £270, which is still touching the expensive side, although being cheapest in the SPL, thats the number 1 problem in scottish football its to expensive and it's driving fans aways. Clubs need to be imagintive in ways to get the fans back.

Killie have done so this year, with the adult free kids ticket, also the 2adults 2kids family deal.

However there is still more which can be done...

This is why i believe the club should run say a 10 game a season ticket. Say you pay £80 and that gets you 10 games of your choice across the whole season.

All SPL clubs should also have an unemployed ticket, for people who aren't working bur are priced out of going to games. No saying you are mate.

And finally teams should come together and sell and away season ticket, you buy tickets for every away game at the start of the season for say £130 and then that money is spilt up between the teams, this means the club get alot of cash in the close season, which means they can sign players earlier and avoid loosing them to other teams with more money.

Went a bit off topic there but thats what i feel needa to happen in scotland or the game will die away.

Edited by ki11ie

Now this is interesting. I've liked this wee player since the first time I saw him. Although this would now mean attacking options would be Boyd, Magennis, Higginbotham, Carrick, Obadeyi - with players like Kiltie, McKenzie and Johnston squad too. Could be a bit front-loaded.

Now this is interesting. I've liked this wee player since the first time I saw him. Although this would now mean attacking options would be Boyd, Magennis, Higginbotham, Carrick, Obadeyi - with players like Kiltie, McKenzie and Johnston squad too. Could be a bit front-loaded.

No necessary a bad thing, means theres plenty of competition between them, no one can just expect to start week in week out.

I'm happy brennan will be getting experience, but if samson also leaves then young devlin will be our back up keeper for a season?

Believe that Samson has decided to stay and fight for his place on the bench

We knocked £50 of our tickets, i think it was then £270, which is still touching the expensive side, although being cheapest in the SPL, thats the number 1 problem in scottish football its to expensive and it's driving fans aways. Clubs need to be imagintive in ways to get the fans back.

Killie have done so this year, with the adult free kids ticket, also the 2adults 2kids family deal.

However there is still more which can be done...

This is why i believe the club should run say a 10 game a season ticket. Say you pay £80 and that gets you 10 games of your choice across the whole season.

All SPL clubs should also have an unemployed ticket, for people who aren't working bur are priced out of going to games. No saying you are mate.

And finally teams should come together and sell and away season ticket, you buy tickets for every away game at the start of the season for say £130 and then that money is spilt up between the teams, this means the club get alot of cash in the close season, which means they can sign players earlier and avoid loosing them to other teams with more money.

Went a bit off topic there but thats what i feel needa to happen in scotland or the game will die away.

Unemployed ticket is a silly idea IMO!! It's branding folk and may put a fair few off!! If I was unemployed it defo would put me off!!

Think that the idea of a home and away season ticket is a great idea but will never happen!! If we are lucky we might get a wee bit aff our away tickets and the odd free bus!!

Kilmarnock want sign Dale Carrick deal?

Believe that Samson has decided to stay and fight for his place on the bench

I can believe this if Brennan is going out on loan for the season. Should mean next season we have McDonald as no 1 and Brennan with a full seasons experience behind him pushing McDonald for no1 shirt.

FWIW, Samson as no2 this season could prove to be quite valuable, he is a half decent Premiership keeper even with his faults, so whilst I would be happy with him leaving/being on the bench, he should provide enough competition to push McDonald to a better standard.

I have to say, I agree with your last sentence there. While the incomers do seem to have the potential to gel as a decent side/squad, I would like to see more cover/competition for places at the back.

Still, if the front lads are banging then in for fun, maybe we can afford to let one or two a game in, no? Never mind Firhill's slogan, it could be "Rugby Park for Larks"!

I have to say, I agree with your last sentence there. While the incomers do seem to have the potential to gel as a decent side/squad, I would like to see more cover/competition for places at the back.

Still, if the front lads are banging then in for fun, maybe we can afford to let one or two a game in, no? Never mind Firhill's slogan, it could be "Rugby Park for Larks"!

We have two right backs (Barbour/Westlake), a left back (Smith), two players who can play at left back if needed (Barbour/Westlake) and two others that can fill in if needed (O'Hara/Hamill) as well as youngsters (Hawkshaw/Whittaker). If we bring in Findlay we'll have four recognised centre backs (Findlay/Connolly/Ashcroft/Syme) with O'Hara who can cover if needs be.

Now the relative merits of those players in those positions is debatable, so if you'd said that we might lack a bit of quality at the back, then I'd agree. But cover/competition for places? Disagree completely. A back four of Westlake, Connolly, Findlay, Smith is good enough for me going into the opening day.

Unemployed ticket is a silly idea IMO!! It's branding folk and may put a fair few off!! If I was unemployed it defo would put me off!!

Disagree completely. There's no reason why it would demonise people if it was handled properly. Fans could come into the shop/ticket office with proof of their benefits (or a letter from the social etc) and get a ticket before match day. Then they're just walking in on a Saturday like anyone else.

Agreed, like the idea of an unemployed ticket, clubs should be doing everything they can to accommodate fans' needs. Keeping these guys while they're temporarily unemployed is far better than losing them forever. Going to the football is a habit, once you break it (and realise the amount of extra time and money you have as a result) it's very unlikely you'll ever go back on anything more than a fair weather basis.