The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Magennis is only angry because he is clueless and people keep shouting at him for being clueless.

Maybe he can't understand why Killie 'supporters' are so abusive to him and this makes him angry?

EDIT: Fat fingers

Edited by killienick

If he plays the way he did against Partick Thistle in last season's penultimate game then he has a big part to play for us next season.

Sorry QLP, I just can't see it. He just doesn't have the ability to read the game well enough to be a central midfielder - he never did, but now he has far less pace and work ethic than in his previous spell. His peripheral vision just doesn't seem up to it and I'm sure most Hearts fans would back me on this point. I would like to see if he could still play full back but I think O'Hara will play beside Robinson more often than not s he is developing in that role quite nicely. (Probably more so than Slater for me).

I was talking about his team-mates.

I can only think of the Hamill incident and I know he is very well liked in the dressing room. Josh is one of the first on the team-sheet for me and I think with a proper striker playing with him he can do what we signed him for rather than try to be the number 9 that people, unreasonably, expected him to be last year.

I can only think of the Hamill incident and I know he is very well liked in the dressing room. Josh is one of the first on the team-sheet for me and I think with a proper striker playing with him he can do what we signed him for rather than try to be the number 9 that people, unreasonably, expected him to be last year.

I noticed on Tuesday (due to my proximity to the ptich and the small crowd) plenty of players shouting at him, instructing him and guiding him like he had never played football before.

Sorry QLP, I just can't see it. He just doesn't have the ability to read the game well enough to be a central midfielder - he never did, but now he has far less pace and work ethic than in his previous spell. His peripheral vision just doesn't seem up to it and I'm sure most Hearts fans would back me on this point. I would like to see if he could still play full back but I think O'Hara will play beside Robinson more often than not s he is developing in that role quite nicely. (Probably more so than Slater for me).

O'Hara is a great prospect, but I don't think thathe is evolving as well as he could. Hopefully the new coaching team will sort that out.

And that was my point. We need to find some way to use his skills, which can come in very handy in this league. If he continues to play like he did for long periods of last season then he won't be in the team, which would be a shame as we could do with being more aggressive. Channelling that side of his game is a challenge, but I hope we manage to do it.

I actually agree with this, Hamill is a strange one. He is hardly the most talented player in the world and in all honesty he seems a bit of a p***k on the pitch but I think we need that, he breaks down the play well and can on occasion provide half decent passes to our more dangerous players. If we can calm him down a wee tiny bit and get him to focus more then he'd be a really useful player.