The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

On 8/1/2017 at 00:51, C4mmy31 said:

Once the 100k is reached, members will choose projects. eg could be helping pay for safe standing area

Was that definitely suggested?

I am just about to sign up for TIK, but if this is what some of the money would be used for then I have serious reservations. IMO we have far more important issues to consider before the likes of this. 

Was that definitely suggested?

I am just about to sign up for TIK, but if this is what some of the money would be used for then I have serious reservations. IMO we have far more important issues to consider before the likes of this. 

That's just an example mate of what it could be used for as working capital, nothing has been decided yet....

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

That's just an example mate, nothing has been decided yet....

I understand that, but if that is what they are considering spending these funds on I am seriously worried.  The infrastructure of the stadium is deteriorating very quickly and badly in need of repair.  To me I would say that is more important. 

That or paying for a number of hawks to get rid of the seagulls!!

Thanks for responding. 

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Sounds like LM is still looking for another couple of signings even after Cammy Bell has been confirmed.....

This whole 'having 2 decent players for every position' malarkey just isn't the Killie way. I yearn for the halcyon days of no midfielders and 15 right backs.

Looking at the Kilmarnock side I think you guys need another striker because Kris Boyd won't provide regular goals and the jury is still out on the new guys you already signed (Samizadeh and Erwin).  Bell will be solid signing though, 

15 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I understand that, but if that is what they are considering spending these funds on I am seriously worried.  The infrastructure of the stadium is deteriorating very quickly and badly in need of repair.  To me I would say that is more important. 

That or paying for a number of hawks to get rid of the seagulls!!

Thanks for responding. 

Nobody knows what it would be spent on, as we've nobody elected on the board yet but from speaking to those in Trust I would imagine fixing the stadium/youth development etc are way ahead of safe standing.

The club are certainly making great efforts to bring more fans in and engage with the local community. This has been a great summer with almost everything being positive.

I do ask myself if MJ could've had such a big influence in the past to stop others within the club from doing these things anyway though. The behind the scenes staff has stayed pretty similar. Not a moan just a general wondering.

Transfer wise I am absolutely delighted. Of course guys like Greer and Broadfoot could end up being over the hill and there is always a risk of the signings not blending but I haven't been this upbeat about the club or the squad for many a year.

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Thanks for responding - the above is where I would want the funds to go to.

Cheers

Pretty sure that the trust members and TIK subscribers will be given their say via trust board and fan rep on what's to be done with certain projects. It is them who are footing the bill afterall.

Kilmarnock manager interview conference to he hopefully bring other 2 or possibly 3 signing come in.

Kiilmarnock sign goalkeeper today but Kilmarnock try sign striker and might attack midfielder?

It be happier with a defensive midfielder Craigieboy, we have plenty of attacking options on the books already imo....

Is that the Laigh Kirk?

I'm not sure of the name but it's the church across the road from the "new" fire station.

Anyone else still call it the new fire station?

Ps - hope all those folk weren't trying to get into the Riccarton Arms at the same time.