The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Guest Moomintroll
Someone let Craig know. I'm pretty sure, he normally links him to us every transfer window. 

Good predication then, I know, I know, I'm going to hell aren't I.

"Kilmarnock are running the rule over English Premier League ace Youssouf Mulumbu.

The DR Congo star has pitched-up at Rugby Park to join Steve Clarke’s squad for training during the international break.

Mulumbu, who kicked-off his career at Paris St Germain before starring at West Brom , is a free agent having been released by Norwich City in the summer.

The 30-year-old worked under Clarke for spell at the Hawthorns during his six-year term in the Midlands where he made over 200 top-team appearances.

Having then spent two years at Carrow Road, Mulumbu is without a club and the new Killie manager could try and tempt the midfielder with a short-term deal if he impresses during the training stint.

(Record)

BRING A GIFT APPEAL

Christmas is a time for giving and Kilmarnock FC is pleased to join the KFCSA, the Killie Trust, East Ayrshire Churches Homelessness Action (EACHa) and the Salvation Army to unveil a ‘Bring a Gift’ appeal. 

The Christmas Gift programme will take place ahead of our home match against Motherwell on Saturday, December 16 with fans encouraged to donate a present to less fortunate children throughout East Ayrshire.

A collection centre will be set up around the Moffat Stand area on the day.

Any gifts would be greatly appreciated with presents for Under 7s and Over 12s especially welcome.

Anyone taking part is asked to indicate whether the gift is intended for a boy or girl as well as the age group. Gift wrapped presents would also be greatly appreciated.

Midfielders Gary Dicker and Greg Kiltie were on hand to promote and show support for the project. 

Janice Grant, EACHa secretary, said: “We are delighted to be part of the 'Bring a Gift' Christmas event. 

“Many young people, who may have very little in their Christmas stocking, will enjoy a brighter Christmas Day thanks to the generosity of football supporters. Your kindness really makes a difference.”

KFCSA secretary Iain Sherry said: "The KFCSA committee felt after Motherwell did a 'Bring a Gift' last year that it would be greatly appreciated if Killie fans could do something similar this season.

"Many kids are in the unfortunate position where they go without at this time of year and hopefully as many Killie fans as possible can help bring a smile to some kids face on Christmas morning, by bringing a gift that EACHa will ensure goes to those who really need it in the local area."  

INJURY UPDATE

While the international break may signal a pause in action for Killie, there's been no rest for players making their way back from injury.

Gary Dicker has returned to training with the first team following his pre-season injury with his progress being monitored carefully.

Greg Kiltie has also started light training with the U20s squad. The attacker has made a good recovery after suffering a broken ankle in the final game of last season.

Meanwhile Iain Wilson is continuing his rehabilitation programme after the knee injury picked up against Aberdeen in September. The talented teenager won't be back in action before the winter break in January.

Killie are back on the field against Dundee on Saturday, November 18. 

Good news about having Dicker and Kiltie close to match fitness. Typical though, that both are coming back when we are actually beginning to look like a decent team. As much as I want to see both back in the starting eleven, hopefully they are having their fitness monitored and slowly reintroduced into the first team again. 

Good news about having Dicker and Kiltie close to match fitness. Typical though, that both are coming back when we are actually beginning to look like a decent team. As much as I want to see both back in the starting eleven, hopefully they are having their fitness monitored and slowly reintroduced into the first team again. 
Defo, I'm assuming Dicker is being very closely monitored as he has already had a setback around 5/6 weeks ago agrivating his stomach muscle injury....

Just now, mathematics said:

Quite.

Nevertheless, when I am not rioting at parties, I am considering grown up topics like the utter stupidity of assigning a gender to toys, colours, jobs...

You obviously consider them too rigorously if you think I was being serious with my gender based toy suggestions.