The main problem with Rangers team this season imo.

The massive problem McCall has which cannot be fully resolved. This is a squad/team apart from a (very) few players who have absolutely no pace. Some say they are unfit, not performing etc etc but this is not fully the case. Whatever team has been selected by whoever there is a lack of pace to the level that winning a football match is almost impossible. McCulloch Boyd Daly Hutton Black Shields Law Murdoch Foster Miller and so on. Pace is a vital in the modern game. Sorry McCoist but I believe totally your fault by signing names without completing the team's jigsaw bit by bit. At times you can get away with it at the back although McCulloch doesn't. Rangers have a midfield who can pass the ball as well as any in the league but no pace to get about the park, run beyond strikers etc etc. The strikers Boyd Daly Miller even less pace to run the channels or beyond opposition defenders. I believe McCoist only realised this when things started to go wrong and there was nothing he could do about it. McDowall with all respect was so much out of his depth I was embarrassed for him. McCall will know this now and I believe that's why Clark and Walsh have started both games. I'm sure ( I hope ) for Sunday he will play 4-5-1 and where possible play the fastest more mobile player especially in midfield and striker(s). One win in 10? You have got to agree a top 4 place is now an achievement!

The massive problem McCall has which cannot be fully resolved. This is a squad/team apart from a (very) few players who have absolutely no pace. Some say they are unfit, not performing etc etc but this is not fully the case. Whatever team has been selected by whoever there is a lack of pace to the level that winning a football match is almost impossible. McCulloch Boyd Daly Hutton Black Shields Law Murdoch Foster Miller and so on. Pace is a vital in the modern game. Sorry McCoist but I believe totally your fault by signing names without completing the team's jigsaw bit by bit. At times you can get away with it at the back although McCulloch doesn't. Rangers have a midfield who can pass the ball as well as any in the league but no pace to get about the park, run beyond strikers etc etc. The strikers Boyd Daly Miller even less pace to run the channels or beyond opposition defenders. I believe McCoist only realised this when things started to go wrong and there was nothing he could do about it. McDowall with all respect was so much out of his depth I was embarrassed for him. McCall will know this now and I believe that's why Clark and Walsh have started both games. I'm sure ( I hope ) for Sunday he will play 4-5-1 and where possible play the fastest more mobile player especially in midfield and striker(s). One win in 10? You have got to agree a top 4 place is now an achievement!

faqp6.jpg

Twice I'm not Tedi!

Anyway more serious. I know where you're coming from however Imo Wallace is more comfortable on the overlap from the full back position as he cannot beat a player with a trick or drop his shoulder etc. His delivery into the box must be improved. I really like Walsh has to be stronger however I feel has real potential.

Yes but because the opposition wasn't mostly full time and not Championship level Rangers got away with it! Plus some players 3 yrs older and also summer signings have made matters worse.

Templeton was a decent prospect with Hearts..........where did it all go wrong for him?

Agree that pace is a problem with the team, mind you so is skill and class.

The only decent player in my book is the baldy right midfielder [who's name escapes me.]

O Rly? They are fucking honking at passing, they pass backwards before it's blootered up the pitch to Miller or Fatty1/Fatty2.

Archived