The All New 2015 MLB thread

lichtie23

The 2015 Major League Baseball season will begin on Sunday, April 5, 2015 with the St. Louis Cardinals visiting the Chicago Cubs at the still under construction Wrigley Field.

ESPN/BT Sport will have coverage here in the UK.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets having a good spring training. I know it's only spring, but winning is a good habit to get into. Think the Nationals will win the NL East, but it should be a good battle between them, the Mets and the Marlins.

Nationals are the favourites? Bloody hell, I went to see them play against the Pirates two summers ago, in what must have been the worst game I've ever witnessed. Thank god McCutchen was there to brighten up the proceedings. Ah well, good luck to them. Wish the Jays could perform such a turn around in fortunes...

Any of you guys participate in a fantasy league? Have just completed my first ever draft. Looks a bit like this:

C Y.Molina

1B J.Votto

2B M.Betts

3B. J.Donaldson

SS J.Reyes

OF C.Dickerson

OF J.Bruce

OF J.D.Martinez

Util R.Zimmerman

Util B.Revere

BN M.Cuddyer

BN M.Morse

SP C.Kershaw

SP C.Archer

RP R.Casilla

RP J.McGee

P I.Kennedy

P B.McCarthy

P T.Clippard

P K.Lohse

BN K.Giles

BN D.Holland

Ecstatic with my batters. Obviously delighted with Kershaw. But the rest of the pitchers I am very unsure of...anyone ITK about these guys?

Edit to add: Have just done a bit of research on Ken Giles. Apparently he is a highly-rated prospect down Philadelphia way. Might get a good few closing opportunities this season!

Giles is outstanding. Backs up a power fastball with a superb slider. Got a wee injury just now but nothing serious.

He'll be closer whenever Papelbon goes.

It's an odd year number so means the Giants won't win it!

Reckon one of the LA teams picks it up. Really wish I could justify MLB TV however I just get to watch enough to make it worth it. Might get At Bat again though.

It's an odd year number so means the Giants won't win it!

Reckon one of the LA teams picks it up. Really wish I could justify MLB TV however I just get to watch enough to make it worth it. Might get At Bat again though.

Iv got At Bat. £15 for the year and you get 1 free game per day. Twins @ Tigers is tomorrow's offering

Yankees then Mets for me tonight. Looking forward to seeing Tanaka and ARod for the Yankees. Spent half the afternoon listening to ESPN New York getting excited.

Archived