Rangers v Cowdenbeath

Am i reading that we made a game of it? Been a while since that happened.

IMO we did CC.The new lad,Brownlie i think he is called,settled quickly.We worked hard all day and nearly got there against the best Rangers team we have played this season.Midfield gets a hard time but everything played up to the forwards comes straight back.We slaughter them for stats like only two shots on goal but Kudus had a great chance first half but instead of shooting with a clear sight on goal he cut inside and was tackled.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your defense isn't the problem. You just had nothing to offer in the middle.

Have a wee swatch at our goal difference. Suggests we just might have a slight issue in defence perhaps.

We have loads of midfielders. Sadly most of them aren't good enough for this level. Jimmy has wasted our biggest budget in years on players who shouldn't be in our squad. He would fit in well at Rangers ;).

I can just imagine the Ps and Ds sauntering on here when Cowden scored lol

Five minutes ago there was me and 3 guests on the thread. Now there are 41 55. Good old Pie and Bovril ;)

My quote after Cowdenbeath's well-deserved goal. My only disappointment is that Ivan Pavlov isn't around.

So how come we crumbled and can only get two shots on goal and 24 against us.

No matter who comes in this season it will change absolute nothing as we have left it too late.

Only positive we can take from this game is we were drawing with minutes to go.But we leak too many goals in a short space of time again.

If we have any chance of survival we must defend well for the whole 90 minutes and look to take it to teams as one or two shots on goal in matches will get us nowhere unless you had a decent striker who might actually score from these rare opportunities on goal.

I must be a mug but going to the Falkirk Stadium on Tuesday with little hope that we can take something but I just hope we can do it.

We did it against Hamilton two years ago and we did it at EEP last season let's hope we stand tall and do it again this season

Are you really going to TFS thinking it will be anything other than a hammering.. Regardless of our form we get hammered there.

TFS is irrelevant. We have 3 far more important games coming up after that. We haven't even been able to rely on points from Raith this season which shows how woeful our season has been but that needs to change along with our results against the other bottom half teams.

Your defense isn't the problem. You just had nothing to offer in the middle.

Correct. This has been pointed out to some people but they cant take it on board. We need more dig in midfield as well as some passing ability. We also need the ball to stick up front more. We were hoping Milne would do the footballing bit but has gone backwards this season. The lack of attacking threat is kiling us. The first half of season was ok but as soon as Gallagher was recalled JNs signing policy was laid bare. This is the major gripe with the manager. He signed guys in panic. We haven't replaced Stewart and Hemmings with anything never mind with anything near their ability.

Happy with that, we played some really nice football in the 1st half without any reward and the response after Moshni`s bombscare was what has been missing, starting to sense a real feeling of confidence coming back, right at the perfect time.

Bring on the jambos.

Spoke to a mate tonight who thinks the Cowden goal might have been offside. Was the bombscare Moshni playing him in?

I check all the match threads on the timeline after I see a goal to have a nosey tbf

Just another obsessive runt eh Lichtie, you cant wait to rip the pish on the Rangers game! Sorry to disappoint

Anyone think Temps had a good game? I see people thinking he did but thats the same people who always want him in the side. I thought he was alright, looks a bit heavy legged but thats because of his match fitness. I'd prefer if we play Walsh instead.

Big McGregor is becoming my favourite player, the guys a fucking tank. The Cowden left back just didnt want to know after McGregor gave him a shoulder bardge and sent him flying :lol: Dont blame him to be fair, i wouldnt want to try and take him on.

Archived