Outlander

Crùbag

Saw the first episode on a site that I probably can't name here but was very underwhelmed.

Good points - nice scenery, lovely actress, unexpected kinky sex and Gaelic

Bad points - everything else - residents of Inverness indulged in pagan rituals in stone circles in 1946? Aye right, that started with Yogi Hughes.

I think it's fair to say it's one for ladies of a certain age.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's absolute fucking shite of the highest order. Needless to say my sexually frustrated wife loves it.

To think during the referendum it was described as the Scottish game of thrones.

It gets worse as well. Much much worse.

Anyone publicly stating that deserve to be flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton imo. 

It's fucking dross. I watched around 30 minutes of it once. Shit casting, shit acting, shit accents, a shit storyline and shit cinematography. Get it into the fucking sea forthwith. 

I have a conflicted relationship with Outlander.  On one hand, so much of it is really irritating, but when it finds its flow it can be really good fun.  Unfortunately, the latter is far outweighed by the former.  And it's too long - the first series was 16 episodes, which was about 6 episodes too many.  Just as exciting stuff happened, they'd spend the next episode doing sod all.  Far too much filler.

It took me months to get through the first series on Amazon because there was rarely enough of a hook to make me watch the next episode straight away.  I'm yet to find the inclination to watch the second series.

It's annoying, because it's not that far away from being really good.  But as it is, it's definitely not.

Laughed at the part it jumps to 1968 and the SNP. The nae politics nationalism that completely failed to break through in the Labour heartlands all be it for the odd by-election once in a blue moon. The shout of "Freedom" and not much else. Did i forget the oil. Maybe Outlander isn't as corny as it seems. The glorious defeat of 1746 and 2014 followed by the long wait, until next time.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

Watched the first couple of episodes got to admit it's dreadful so far. Don't know if I can suffer any more.

Skip to the last two episodes of series 2 and you've got the entire story.

No doubt i'll see it at some point. Jamie will probably jump through into the present and be an Ultra Unionist pro Brexiteer.

Was just reading season 3 they are heading to the American Colonies. Don't think I'll get that far though.

3 minutes ago, ftk said:

Was just reading season 3 they are heading to the American Colonies. Don't think I'll get that far though.

Take it the script is following the Flora McDonald story. She erred off to America and took the British side and ended up back in Scotland. Surprised how many Indy folk think Lowlander is somehow pro Indy. The two main characters come across like mince pies by series 2.

Take it the script is following the Flora McDonald story. She erred off to America and took the British side and ended up back in Scotland. Surprised how many Indy folk think Lowlander is somehow pro Indy. The two main characters come across like mince pies by series 2.

Some of season 3 was filmed near where I live in the beautiful fishing village of Dunure. Might watch it just to see that. Get the feeling this could have been great but not well executed.

1 minute ago, ftk said:

Some of season 3 was filmed near where I live in the beautiful fishing village of Dunure. Might watch it just to see that. Get the feeling this could have been great but not well executed.

Mate gave me the first two series. Started off well enough, bit of time travel mixed in with history/action. Remind me a bit of Doctor Who about 40/50 years ago when he popped up at Culloden. Accents were awful, Gaelic/Glesga for the Scots, Eton for the English. Scenery great.

But crikey the story wasn't half dragged out. 

Outlander Series 3 in America 

3 episodes hiding in a cave talking about going to America with Jamie getting his end away 

3 episodes in a cave waiting on a ship to take them to a America with Jamie getting his end away 

3 episodes on the ship going to America with Jamie getting his end away.

1 episode arriving in America, oh look slaves

1 episode trying to bump off George Washington 

1 episode back in Scotland looking for the Standing Stones and Jamie getting his end away.

1 episode with Jamie in 2014 running riot in George Square waving a Union Jack.

The End.

On 27/07/2017 at 12:28, ftk said:

Do you still roast abbots? Dunure creeped me out as a kid because of the gruesome history.

Archived