Fear the Walking Dead

1320Lichtie

Thought it was great. Refreshing change from TWD. Really enjoyed that.

Again, if anyone is in to podcasts listen to 'Were Alive, a story of Survival', so very similar but a completely different story obviously.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I found it a bit "meh", largely because I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters.

I find myself caring about the characters more than a lot of them in TWD.

Especially Alycia. :P

Not really sure how people can like TWD and not like this? It's refreshing seeing a different story in a different setting at a different time period. I love TWD but Rick and Co have been running around in woodland circles for the past 5 seasons ffs.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Season 1 now on Amazon Prime. I'll finally get to see it. Is it worth a watch then?

Definitely I'd say. I didn't like it so much the 1st time round but it did grow on me and after a re watch just the other week I really enjoyed it.

I find myself caring about the characters more than a lot of them in TWD.

Especially Alycia. :P

Not really sure how people can like TWD and not like this? It's refreshing seeing a different story in a different setting at a different time period. I love TWD but Rick and Co have been running around in woodland circles for the past 5 seasons ffs.

Its hard to put a finger on an exact reason. Boring characters with no likeability is a fairly obvious one. The huge disappointment of the storyline is a factor, although that doesnt necessarily make it a bad show. As others have said, its just generally a bit meh.

Boring characters with no likeability is a fairly obvious one.

Don't really get how you can say that. We've only had 7 episodes. Again I don't find them particularly boring or unlikeable. Each to their own I suppose. Maybe it'll grow on you. ;)

Personally really looking forward to next weeks.

Don't really get how you can say that. We've only had 7 episodes. Again I don't find them particularly boring or unlikeable. Each to their own I suppose. Maybe it'll grow on you. ;)

Personally really looking forward to next weeks.

Because they're boring and unlikeable ;)

Six episodes is more than enough particularly when there are so few characters who've had almost all of the screen time.

I kept hoping the first series would grow on me. I'll start watching the second series but if its more of the same I wont finish it

Ach, I'll give it a bash. I'm a huge walking dead fan and the only reason I haven't seen this so far is that it's been on BT/ AMC.

It can't be as bad as the Season 2 lull in TWD surely?

Nowhere near it. Go on son. Give it a go. All doom and gloom on here. Rated 7.5/10 on IMDb which is probably a decent gauge.

Think alot of people are seeing it as some poor spin off, I'm enjoying it more than the real thing if that's the case. Getting fed up of the woodland merry go round in TWD.

My biggest disappointment with fear the walking dead is that it jumped too quickly to full blown virus, I was hoping to see much more of the early days when people had no idea what was going on as the virus spread, seemed to jump a week and not explain or show any of this

My biggest disappointment with fear the walking dead is that it jumped too quickly to full blown virus, I was hoping to see much more of the early days when people had no idea what was going on as the virus spread, seemed to jump a week and not explain or show any of this

They had a chance to show a completely different side of things, how it started, maybe more of the Army side of things? I dunno but it seems to just be heading towards another survival story. Which is fine btw, in sure it'll still be pretty good and I've enjoyed it so far. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

They had a chance to show a completely different side of things, how it started, maybe more of the Army side of things? I dunno but it seems to just be heading towards another survival story. Which is fine btw, in sure it'll still be pretty good and I've enjoyed it so far. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

It's definitely a missed opportunity. There could have been so much more done and good scenes to be had if they just took it a bit slower.

Quite enjoyed it but had forgotten how insipid the main characters all are. I really wouldn't give a toss if they all got bite and turned in the next few episodes!!!

Think their ordinariness and blandness is just proving that normal people wouldn't survive long in the ZA situation.

The best characters are the "extreme" characters namely Strand and Daniel, they would walk right into the cast of TWD and be right at home, that is an entire cast of "extreme" people, all the bland ones there got killed off by the start of the 2nd season!!!