Dundee FC vs Dundee United.

Remember when United were going to finish 10 points clear of Aberdeen?

Just the 29 point swing required before the end of the season.

No. Proof required. Statements from that lunatic in the goal do not count.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also want to add that Heffernan is looking like the player I seen at Killie rather than the one I witnessed look like a Junior player earlier on in the season.

McPake, Heff & Thomson were class acts for us tonight. HiDees!

Seen a guy trying to fight with the Derry at FT from the Shankly. His mates were trying to usher him away as the Derry were having a big sing, song before he proceeded to launch his scarf (Sad to say, I don't think he had the strength to make it reach the pitch).

It was more the other way round, tbh

Thought Utd had a lot more of the ball till I seen the stats, it felt like the last ten minutes of the game for most of the second half. I don't know if it's just my biased view or not but the ref seemed a bit shit, especially in the first half. It did look like a hand ball from the main stand, I'm not sure how much he could've done about it though. Utd were toothless but I was still fearing every time they very slowly moved forward.

I know every club has heads gone candidates but tonight really brought home the attitude of some of the Utd fans. Two songs through the whole game, joining in with the sacked in the morning chant then best of all the ones throwing their scarves onto the pitch. To be fair the mini pitch invasions in the Bobby Cox were a minter.

Don't normally like Dundee's FB groups, but one of them has just produced this cracker:

Was just about to post that but you beat me to it. I never seen that at the time but Ciftci was his usual cuntish self tonight but I didn't realise he was still on for about 30 minutes in the second half.

Also want to add that Heffernan is looking like the player I seen at Killie rather than the one I witnessed look like a Junior player earlier on in the season.

McPake, Heff & Thomson were class acts for us tonight. HiDees!

Good to see our brothers winning their first derby since 2004 tonight.

:wub:

Didn't see Ciftci's "celebration" as I was at the bottom of the Coxy. Now I understand why McCallister was blowing him kisses shortly before he went off.

McGowan, McPake & Stewart were the pick of the bunch for me, To be honest they all played well. Not that he played badly but I don't get the love for Heffernan's performance. Seemed to be the consensus around me as well.

Great night.

Why aren't the highlights up on the BBC yet? I watched the highlights of both last nights games a lot earlier than this.

Last season for Alloa against us Bain was alright, without really impressing and I've seen him twice this season where he hasn't made many impressive saves.

Obviously, Bain has taken his place but, from what I've seen of him, Letheren was much better. His performance in the 0-0 at Dens Park last season was the best I've ever seen fro a keeper and maybe the best individual performance from any player.

Letheren is a good keeper and he was exceptional for us last season, Bain commands his area much

better though and this gives the defenders a bit more security.

Still feel a bit sorry for Kyle but great for the club to have two quality goalies.

What the f**k is wrong with these people?? I get that we just lost a big derby quite deservedly and we are in a bit of a slump but what compels a grown adult to throw their scarf on the pitch? Fucking morons

From my point of view, i hope thats Jackies last match. His stubborness to stick with out of form players and ridiculous substitutions have finally put paid to any lingering support i had for him

Every team has their roaster fans?!

I never really relaxed until the final whistle went tbf. You guys seemed to have a lot of the ball. We seemed to sit off you, at least for spells in the second half. Was definitely our night, in previous derbies those half chances you squandered tonight were flying in!

You'll surely beat Hamilton!

It wasn't really an elbow, more of a shoulder challenge but I thought he should've been sent off. It looked deliberate and bloody sore.

I saw Konrad after the match, face unblemished, big grin, and heading out the main entrance where various young ladies were swooning. Hold the sympathy.

Don't normally like Dundee's FB groups, but one of them has just produced this cracker:

Bain should have been allowed a free crack at Ciftci for that. His expression suggests he won't forget it quickly.

Archived