The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

Really enjoyed the game,Musselburgh must be scunnered they didn't put the tie away today.Thought 4,8,6 and 11were outstanding.Thought the number 4,is he Jackie Myles' son,was man of the match !! Was right in line with the 18 yard line and thought,although a definate penalty,the red card was a very poor decision.Wee Colin didn't have control ae the ball and the ball was travelling well away from goal,thought the penalty would have been sufficient,

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its only half time Thank Fvck.4 2 4 wtf is that all about.haven't listened to danny's interview but i hope the lads asked the right questions.

and danny standing for 90 mins with his hands in his pockets sends out the wrong vibes to the players imo.

Seen the goals on Youtube, a couple of excellent finishes for the Musselburgh goals! Danny Smith didn't pull any punches in the interview he gave either. I almost, almost, felt sorry for him. He's good in these interviews as he's refreshingly honest, none of the usual neutral answers, always says what he feels. Still only half time really in the tie so all to play for, especially if the Rose have players like Roddy to potentially come back in next week. Should be a cracker at Olivebank!

As I said previously, if we get the team selection right and we play with the correct attitude and with a bit of confidence, we will beat any junior team. We have not reached the semi-final of the junior cup by luck. 2 very winnable games away from another final, I do realise that every team needs to get breaks on the way, but this is another semi- final we have reached on merit.

Let's put this game out of reach this weekend.

My prediction is 3or 4 nil. (Hopefully)

With a wee bit of luck (and a different referee) today it could've been a 3 or 4 goal margin. Not to Lithgae though. Still only half=time so loads to play for.

Mon the Burgh

There is a man who knows he one game to save his job.

To be honest the result is not a surprise the rose have been dreadful for about 3 months the only surprise to me is the lack of fight in the team there in need of a leader in there someone who gets the sleeves rolled up and battles for everything! Musselburgh deserved there win and to be honest if it wasn't for the sending off would have won 3 or 4 nil! Feel sorry for danny because you can see how much it hurts him! Some of these rose players need a good look at themselves! Supporters pay good money to travel up and down the country only for these guys not to give a flying feck!! It's not on!!!!

Had a shit day and not listened to Danny's interview but the Rose problems were caused by his selection and his refusal to change things until 10 mins to go.

Or the failure of players to produce or play to instructions.

Danny hurting every bit as much as we are. He is taking responsibility for today - are our players hurting as much?

In Danny I believe

To be honest the result is not a surprise the rose have been dreadful for about 3 months the only surprise to me is the lack of fight in the team there in need of a leader in there someone who gets the sleeves rolled up and battles for everything! Musselburgh deserved there win and to be honest if it wasn't for the sending off would have won 3 or 4 nil! Feel sorry for danny because you can see how much it hurts him! Some of these rose players need a good look at themselves! Supporters pay good money to travel up and down the country only for these guys not to give a flying feck!! It's not on!!!!

Spot on mate

Archived