The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

Maybe, just maybe Musselburgh pissed all over you.

Today yes - Musselburgh were well deserved of their win.

Our manager shows in his interview the pride and passion that should be in a Scottish semi.

Today one team showed the passion the other didn't

Fuzzy you are entitled to an opinion I respect that - but neither Kelbie or Danny's tactics are solely to blame - all 11 should shoulder the blame.

Danny's interview tells me all I wanted to hear - in Danny I believe and we move on as one. Some players need to decide if they want to be onboard or not ?

But one thing for certain we will always be bigger than they will ever be as players - HTG

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzzy is 100% on the money. .... the players, with the notable exception of Roors, were piss poor. The team setup from the start was wrong and we surrendered the midfield totally. The Musselburgh midfield glided past onto our defence at will. I love Danny's spirit however there is no plan B. The team should have been reshaped during the first half when it was being overrun. As usual substitutions were not made until too late in the game and to minimal effect. The players must shoulder most of the responsibility but the coaching team are not blameless in my opinion.

Musselburgh absolutely deserved to win, great mix of skill, application and desire. ... although the Rose afforded them the opportunity to show these qualities.

Next week is shape up or ship out for a number of Rose regulars who are looking stale and lacking the desire and hunger. ...quite damning with a SC Final place at stake!

Musselburgh deserved their win. No doubt about that.

I'm scratching my head sometimes with the Rose. On paper we should be pulling off convincing results but we've had a few stinkers this season. In saying that, we're still in the hunt in all competitions so, it can't be that bad.

There are however a few boys that I wouldn't miss if they were to get punted at the end of the season. Danny needs winners in his team like he was. He was pretty one dimensional as a player but he had something in bucket loads that some of these players are lacking and that's the heart to turn it up and be counted. I'm hoping he has more up his sleeve tactical wise as a manager as sometimes when things need changed, he doesn't seem to be able to swing it round. He needs a turnover of personnel at the end if the season.

Musselburgh deserved their win. No doubt about that.

I'm scratching my head sometimes with the Rose. On paper we should be pulling off convincing results but we've had a few stinkers this season. In saying that, we're still in the hunt in all competitions so, it can't be that bad.

There are however a few boys that I wouldn't miss if they were to get punted at the end of the season. Danny needs winners in his team like he was. He was pretty one dimensional as a player but he had something in bucket loads that some of these players are lacking and that's the heart to turn it up and be counted. I'm hoping he has more up his sleeve tactical wise as a manager as sometimes when things need changed, he doesn't seem to be able to swing it round. He needs a turnover of personnel at the end if the season.

Having read the comments of a number of Rose fans over the last few months it seems that the manager only has 'passion' going for him. This may have been enough in the past but even by the time Danny was playing it needed more than that.

If your manager is tactically naive there's only one thing that'll bring success and that's having players that are miles better than the opposition and are therefore able to win games despite the gaffer, not because of him. Nowadays there are no sides loaded with all the talent in any league and its therefore much more important for a manager and coaching staff to have the skills needed to affect games with team selection, tactics and changes throughout.

It disappoints me in this day and age that one of the countries best non league sides ( arguably the biggest) seem to be looking for 'passion' as the way forward.

A great result for the Rose. Out played, out fought and out everything by Musselburgh and still only a goal down, Musselburgh should have been comfortably taking a 3 goal lead to bask home and be sitting pretty for the second leg.

Now the question is as favourites will they finish a poor Rose team off.

I Hope Not

whits lithgae n arsenal got in common.....both eh them thought they hud the tie in the bag efter the draw.....oops a daisy,then use r all shoutin it smiths tactics........sounds along the lines eh Bradley when things wernt goin ti plan.......snigger snigger

I don't do a lot of posting on this site,more so because I Dinny ken how to,and i have no idea if anybody will see this,but I was at the semi final the day and I thought it was a braw game lithgae no so good but bar a wonder save by the sub goalie at the end would have got a draw.(as the wee neds sang your a sub for a reason).the number 4 for mussey was absolute class I believe his name is Jackie Myles that guy has a better engine than lewis Hamilton and should be playing at a higher level.

I don't do a lot of posting on this site,more so because I Dinny ken how to,and i have no idea if anybody will see this,but I was at the semi final the day and I thought it was a braw game lithgae no so good but bar a wonder save by the sub goalie at the end would have got a draw.(as the wee neds sang your a sub for a reason).the number 4 for mussey was absolute class I believe his name is Jackie Myles that guy has a better engine than lewis Hamilton and should be playing at a higher level.

Mussy no4 one of the best midfielders ive seen this season.

aye the burra the honest toun r yous huvin a laff if lithgae play hoo they can they r eesily capable o winnin baith legs of the semis and wood certainly mount a serious challenge against eether hurlford or the talbot in the final unlike the burra hoo wood simply fold against the ayrshire giants mon the lithgae

doooooooh !

Players mistakes or clueless manager ? Based on what I have witnessed in two Rose games this season it's a combination of the two.

I will bite.

Tactics were wrong but that's my opinion - but that aside the players selected were all still more than capable to carry them out.

For me I have every faith in our Manager as for the players they need to have a hard look at themselves - basic mistakes and poor attitudes are down to them. If you can't raise your game for a Scottish semi then that is worrying.

Well done to Musselburgh yesterday they ran their socks off and deserved their victory.

So it is Jackies laddie,played wae Jack an the laddies got big boots tae fill,Jack wis wan ae the best juniors av seen but he certainly reached thae heights yesterday,covered every blade ae grass,outstanding !!!

All credit to Musselburgh, were we were inept they were fantastic. Even with 10 men they were the best team. Looking back at the game in the cold light of day I reckon it was a great result for the Rose. To play that badly and still be in with a chance to get to the final is a bonus. We have been let off the hook big style, Musselburgh had an opportunity to kill the tie and they must be kicking themselves for not taking it

Archived