Sinn Fein - 5

SDLP - 3

Plaid Cymru - 3

UKIP - 2

Greens - 1

Respect - 1

Independent - 1

Speaker - 1

After removing the speaker, his deputies and Sinn Fein you have the Conservatives 52 seats short of an overall majority and Labour 54 seats short.

I just have a feeling that if the Conservatives have the most votes and most seats, Miliband might be willing to abstain the Queens speech and let them run as a disastrous minority government for a year or so before voting them out of office, allowing Labour to build up popularity with a view to winning a future overall majority. It's going to be a very, very interesting few days ahead.

If the parties are involved in a race to 321 then you have Labour commanding an overall majority of 18 with support from the SNP, Plaid Cymru, SDLP, Caroline Lucas, George Galloway and Sylvia Hermon. If they could get the Liberal Democrats on their side as well then it would be a pretty safe government. Thing is though Labour look more willing to work with the Conservatives than the SNP and those other smaller parties and MPs aren't all that relevant in this context.

I just have a feeling that if the Conservatives have the most votes and most seats, Miliband might be willing to abstain the Queens speech and let them run as a disastrous minority government for a year or so before voting them out of office, allowing Labour to build up popularity with a view to winning a future overall majority.

'Build up popularity' by allowing the Tories into office? Not sure that would work here.

YouGov Nowcast is interesting

Overall prediction is SNP 51 Lab 6 Libdem 1 Con 1

But break it down and you get

SNP:

Certs: 18

Likely 12

Leaning 7

Too Close To Call 14

Lab:

Certs 0

Likely 0

Leaning 2

TCTC 4

Lib Dems

Cert 1

Con

TCTC 1

So if you say all the certs and likelys go the way predicted but on a good day the others go to you while on a bad day they go to your nearest challenger:

SNP on a bad day could get 30, on a good day 57

Lab on a bad day 0, on a good day 27

'Build up popularity' by allowing the Tories into office? Not sure that would work here.

The Tories trying to run a minority government with only 268 seats would be an unmitigated disaster, especially with only 41 allies (And that's me generously including the Lib Dems)

My final, final, final predictions

Conservatives - 1

Berwickshire, Roxborough and Selkirk

Lib Dems - 1

Orkney & Shetland

Labour - 4

Dumfries & Galloway

East Renfrewshire

Edinburgh South

Glasgow North East

SNP - 53

The rest

It's not a nice feeling knowing I come from the one place that could go Tory.

YouGov Nowcast is interesting

Overall prediction is SNP 51 Lab 6 Libdem 1 Con 1

But break it down and you get

SNP:

Certs: 18

Likely 12

Leaning 7

Too Close To Call 14

Lab:

Certs 0

Likely 0

Leaning 2

TCTC 4

Lib Dems

Cert 1

Con

TCTC 1

So if you say all the certs and likelys go the way predicted but on a good day the others go to you while on a bad day they go to your nearest challenger:

SNP on a bad day could get 30, on a good day 57

Lab on a bad day 0, on a good day 27

Yip. Thats why my SNP prediction of 42 is realistic. 50+ is fantasy imo.. *preparing to be called a pessimistic shitebag*

Yip. Thats why my SNP prediction of 42 is realistic. 50+ is fantasy imo.. *preparing to be called a pessimistic shitebag*

You're a pessimistic shitebag.

:P

Uk wide final predictions:

Conservatives - 270

Labour - 269

SNP - 53

Liberal Democrats - 32

DUP - 9

Sinn Fein - 5

SDLP - 3

Plaid Cymru - 3

UKIP - 2

Greens - 1

Respect - 1

Independent - 1

Speaker - 1

After removing the speaker, his deputies and Sinn Fein you have the Conservatives 52 seats short of an overall majority and Labour 54 seats short.

I just have a feeling that if the Conservatives have the most votes and most seats, Miliband might be willing to abstain the Queens speech and let them run as a disastrous minority government for a year or so before voting them out of office, allowing Labour to build up popularity with a view to winning a future overall majority. It's going to be a very, very interesting few days ahead.

If the parties are involved in a race to 321 then you have Labour commanding an overall majority of 18 with support from the SNP, Plaid Cymru, SDLP, Caroline Lucas, George Galloway and Sylvia Hermon. If they could get the Liberal Democrats on their side as well then it would be a pretty safe government. Thing is though Labour look more willing to work with the Conservatives than the SNP and those other smaller parties and MPs aren't all that relevant in this context.

Miliband would be deposed if he suggested that.

Uk wide final predictions:

Conservatives - 270

Labour - 269

SNP - 53

Liberal Democrats - 32

DUP - 9

Sinn Fein - 5

SDLP - 3

Plaid Cymru - 3

UKIP - 2

Greens - 1

Respect - 1

Independent - 1

Speaker - 1

Miliband would lose Scotland's 59 seats forever if he did that IMO. That would be bonkers.

Archived