Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

I agree with most of what you say here, Gordon, but we also have to take into account that the SNP are likely to take away the seats of the majority of Cameron's Scottish Lib-Dem coalition buddies. These are seats that Labour cannot win, so they have to rely on the SNP winning them.

Every Lib-Dem seat that the SNP win is potentially worth a swing of 2 extra votes to a Labour govt with SNP support and makes a Con-Lib coalition 2 seats less likely

Ah you get it !! Its not difficult but it really is a risk that Dave will survive off the back of Labours collapse.Im not suggesting that in a vote SNP get Tory way just pointing out it is factually correct and the "makes no difference" rhetoric is flawed.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah you get it !! Its not difficult but it really is a risk that Dave will survive off the back of Labours collapse.Im not suggesting that in a vote SNP get Tory way just pointing out it is factually correct and the "makes no difference" rhetoric is flawed.

You've misunderstood me Loon.

I'm saying that serious SNP gains across the whole of Scotland will make a Tory govt less likely as the SNP will win lib-dem seats, thus making a Con/Lib coalition less likely to command a majority.

Cameron should be toast if Con +Lib +DUP are less than approx 320 seats

SNP 38

Labour 18

Tories 2

Lib Dems 1

Because I am a complete shitebag.

Stop being a big fat shiter!

The poll numbers using the standard methodology (without the ballot paper thing) are:

SNP - 49

Labour - 25

Tories - 16

Lib Dems - 6

Aye, Davie Clegg of the Record scrambling for relevance to the last, displaying the lower SNP numbers. :lol:

I hope there is one Labour MP left, Kezia Dugdale, for comedy value at Holyrood.

Cant wait to feel the seethe from the infidels lol

Deputy Dug is an MSP, she's going nowhere unfortunately.

If the right wing play the largest party first dibs to form a Govt card it does matter.The SUN hasn't been fawning over the SNP if it makes no difference at all to Camerons chances.Ruperts not stupid.

They can play whatever card they like, if they can't get through a Queens Speech, then they won't form a government. Unless, of course, Labour support them, in which case, what would be the point of Labour?

They can play whatever card they like, if they can't get through a Queens Speech, then they won't form a government. Unless, of course, Labour support them, in which case, what would be the point of Labour?

Succinctly, and perfectly put. I'd give you a Charles, but I spunked today's quota on the first two P&Bers who said they've already voted SNP!

My only prediction is that I think tactical voting will play a bigger part than people think - to Labour's benefit rather than the Tories.

True but it's likely that the Lib Dems will benefit too, especially where the Tories have a chance of winning.

Actually heard an old wifey wandering out of the polling station saying "I wouldn't normally have voted for them, but thought I better just to try and keep the SNP out".

So tactical voting could well play a part, but I'm hopeful it's just unionists pissing against the wind.

Makes no difference rhetoric is totally flawed mate. Labour and SNP are anti Tory therefore it makes absolturely no difference if SNP take 50 seats or Labour do. The SNP are more damaging to the Tories chances of forming a government because they are looking like they'll demolish the Scottish Lib Dems( a pro Tory party)

Its primary school level maths we're talking here

Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie said: “It’s now game on for the Lib Dems. We are on the verge of doing something extraordinary by winning all five of our Highlands and Islands seats against the odds.

:lol:

I want his career terminated by tomorrow afternoon, alongside that of Murphy. Typically embittered, SNP hating Britnat.

Archived