The Witcher 3

spud131

Its intended to be played after finishing the main game but its possible to jump right into with a premade charachter.

Cheers. I'll just play the main game and see how I get on with it then, looking forward to wasting me long weekend on it

Just bought this. Should I do the blood and wine shite straight away?

I did the whole game from start to end. Heart of stone then onto blood and wine. Worth it for your own build and to get used to the multiple arse kickings you get on blood and wine.

I'd recommend not.  I jumped into Hearts of Stone using the already levelled character option, and I got the shit well and truly kicked out of me for days with that.  Like weirdcal says, go through the main game first, build up the sort of character you want with all the skills, upgrades and weapons, and then hit the DLC once you've finished the main quest.  The difficulty really jumps up on both I found.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers. I'll just play the main game and see how I get on with it then, looking forward to wasting me long weekend on it

Be prepared to spend a whole lot longer on it than that.  I envy you getting to play it all fresh to be honest.

3 hours in and about to fight the Griffin. Shitting bricks tbh

Nothing to worry about. But honestly, leave Heart and Stone then BnW till last. You'll be grateful for it and enjoy it all the more. Also, goodbye to your life for the next month!

How did everyone end in blood and wine? I got the best ending possible I think.

ETA spoiler tags aren't working. [emoji849]

Got the bad one. Fucked it on second to last speech check when i read up on it after

Fight werewolf, kill werewolf l, get put into cutscene, cutscene abruptly ends and werewolf is attacking again, killed straight away.

Right back to the very start again [emoji38]

Fucking hell

Is the 'Game of the Year' Edition the same as the 'Complete Edition'?
Guessing the 'Complete Edition' is the American version of our GOTY.

Yes. 2 major dlcs and loads of mini ones included

Fight werewolf, kill werewolf l, get put into cutscene, cutscene abruptly ends and werewolf is attacking again, killed straight away.

Right back to the very start again [emoji38]

Fucking hell

I learned to save manually loads doing quests. Is that the one under the house? That fucker got me 3 or 4 times. Quen is your friend on battles like that

I learned to save manually loads doing quests. Is that the one under the house? That fucker got me 3 or 4 times. Quen is your friend on battles like that

Yeah, he starts regenerating his health halfway through. I beat him but chose the wrong speech option and had to continue the fight, and got cunted, and I've no won since. Moved onto other missions until I've levelled up more.

Easily the hardest thing I've fought so far though. Drowners and Bears the easiest.

Yeah, he starts regenerating his health halfway through. I beat him but chose the wrong speech option and had to continue the fight, and got cunted, and I've no won since. Moved onto other missions until I've levelled up more.

Easily the hardest thing I've fought so far though. Drowners and Bears the easiest.

Yeah the 2nd stage of that is hard. You may think that about drowners and bears now... they do get harder

Yeah the 2nd stage of that is hard. You may think that about drowners and bears now... they do get harder

Great....

Been playing this for ages and it's saying I'm only 1% through, I've no idea how.

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Drowners are pretty much always easy once you learn how to cope with them. Even at high levels. Gargoyles, however.. f**k Gargoyles.

Drowners are pretty much always easy once you learn how to cope with them. Even at high levels. Gargoyles, however.. f**k Gargoyles.

Gargoyles i found to be ok. Usually only one on one. First time i met a level 37 drowner swarm was not ok. I was level 28. Same level as i met high level ghouls...
Aard is your friend on these guys.

8 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Bit of help required on whoresons arena. I still need info according to the mission list, but I've searched everywhere and can't find anything after the secret room.

I think that quest was bugged, if it's the one I'm thinking of then I had problems with it and could never complete it.  Would've thought they'd have fixed it by now though.