The Witcher 3

spud131

After playing GTA again (online) I'm struggling to get back into this.  Never been big on fantasy type games.  I'm at the bit in Velen where I'm tracing the Red Baron's wife and kids recently released the dead baby miscarriage thing which I followed to get clues on the other two.  Will I be missing out on much sticking to the main storyline and skipping some of the side quests?

Edited by The Diabolical One

After playing GTA again (online) I'm struggling to get back into this.  Never been big on fantasy type games.  I'm at the bit in Velen where I'm tracing the Red Baron's wife and kids recently released the dead baby miscarriage thing which I followed to get clues on the other two.  Will I be missing out on much sticking to the main storyline and skipping some of the side quests?

I implore to do as many side quests as you can, that's where you'll find some of the best laughs and writing.

Doing all the side mission in White Orchard put me in a good position level wise for travelling to Velen.  Will spend a bit more time on this, got the GOTY pack to have the other content to play as well.  Quite fancy getting Hitman or Yakuza 0 but want to finish this first.

There isn't a real necessity to do side quests, particularly if you want to just get through the main story after getting a but bogged down. If you can level up to a good enough level without them, you'll still have a great time playing through the main. It can go either way with the side quests - you will miss out on a lot ot really interesting writing and fun quests but it's also really easy to spend hours and hours on side quests that don't really advance anything.

Viggo Mortensen, Niklolai Coster-Waldau and Mads Mikkelsen all rumoured for Gerald, all interesting choices. Can't help but feel it'll be nowhere near the game itself and will probably end up being pretty shit, but hopefully it's watchable and gives another window into the world.

Spent a bit of time on this yesterday and enjoyed it.  I'm about to track down the Baron's wife now that I've done that underground mission with the witch following the Wild Hunt and handed Siri the doll already.  I've moved from level 5 to 7 so have unlocked another slot to build abilities.  I'm using fast attack, strong attack and Quen in my first 3 slots and have at least 2 Lesser Blue Mutagens (maybe 3 now that I can use to make a Blue Mutagen, any recommendations for what to put in the 4th slot that I got at level 6.  I'm not keen on alchemy so thinking about anything but that.

Spent a bit of time on this yesterday and enjoyed it.  I'm about to track down the Baron's wife now that I've done that underground mission with the witch following the Wild Hunt and handed Siri the doll already.  I've moved from level 5 to 7 so have unlocked another slot to build abilities.  I'm using fast attack, strong attack and Quen in my first 3 slots and have at least 2 Lesser Blue Mutagens (maybe 3 now that I can use to make a Blue Mutagen, any recommendations for what to put in the 4th slot that I got at level 6.  I'm not keen on alchemy so thinking about anything but that.

I added strong back and got some saddlebags that increased the carry capacity. Picked up everything and sold it on / made items. Builds up the cash.
Handy to have so when you need to pay for armor etc you have built it up.

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

I added strong back and got some saddlebags that increased the carry capacity. Picked up everything and sold it on / made items. Builds up the cash.
Handy to have so when you need to pay for armor etc you have built it up.

I've got saddlebags on Roach, will have a look at strongback.  Don;t find carrying capacity much of a problem in this game though, much different to the Bethesda games where it can be a bit of a pita.

I've got saddlebags on Roach, will have a look at strongback.  Don;t find carrying capacity much of a problem in this game though, much different to the Bethesda games where it can be a bit of a pita.

I found that once i was exploring places having 230 carry capacity was hell of a useful

I finished the main story in blood and wine the other night. Think I started the whole thing back in september/october last year. Absolutely massive game.

Just played the Gwent tutorial and had a look at the challenges, looks like a good release.

Played a bit more of Witcher tonight.  Not really enjoying this, I have no interest at all in the story, characters or setting tbh.  It's GOTY edition and going to put it on ebay soon. If anyone here wants it, let me know,  I won't haggle for a large price, happy to take any fair offer  Going to play either Yakuza 0 or Hitman next, seems like something I'll be more interested in.

Edited by The Diabolical One

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid it too.  I'd like to get into it, but I'm very, very shite at it.  

Just finished Hearts of Stone again, so just Blood and Wine to complete fully before I probably leave the game behind finally.