2016 Ryder Cup

Hipster Dufus

Thought I'd start a thread for this to see who would be planning on applying for tickets and intending to go.

Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota, USA.

Competition days are Friday Sept 30th to Sunday Oct 2nd, 2016.

Get your name down for tickets here - PGA Link

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got our entry in for the ballot!

Good deal. Which ticket(s) would you be going for?

I quite fancy the Sat & Sun ones, but have been thinking about going for a weekly ticket and punting the early ones on eBay. A guy at the PGA told me that tickets should be in hand during the summer and won't have your name & photo on it (like the Gleneagles application required), so re-selling won't be an issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"We regret to inform you that your registration was not selected for tickets.

Your name has been added to our Waitlist group and you will be contacted by November 16, 2015, if any tickets become available."

Baws. Oh well, need to hope for the hospitality route. :/

• 2 months later...

So, no Ryder Cup in the UK until 2026 at the earliest? Is that the biggest gap in history?

Yep, last time it was in England was 2002, Ireland 2006, Wales 2010 and obviously Gleneagles last year. It's only been outside GB and I once before and that was in Valderrama in 1997.

Not really sure what to make of it going to Italy, it's hardly a hotbed of golf. At least the Euro PGA have been honest to admit that it's all about the money, and especially the increased prize pot for the Italian Open for a good few years.

Archived