Scottish Football Supporters - The Lyon Tamers?

I hereby claim ownership of all images in Scotland depicting anything that looks like an African mammal. I'm coming for you, Dumbarton.

Your point is a valid one Parsforlife albeit snidely made.

You're perfectly entitled to object to how we came back into the league following liquidation. It's actually irrelevant in terms of the action which is being taken though.

I'd also hoped (perhaps naively), that other fans might like having the Airdrieonians name back. It's a part of the Scottish footballing landscape like Hamilton Academicals, Dunfermline Athletic, Greenock Morton, Burnt Island Shipyard, Whitehill Welfare, Civil Service Strollers. Football badges are an extension of that. Do we really want the majority of them at risk because of heraldic convention?

Hamilton Academical singular and Burntisland is one word.

Thank you kind sir. Where's your shop? I'm in Edinburgh and can come round with our poster based around the cartoon above.

I'm in Shandon (the clue is in the name!). I'll pm you the address. We've got a4 sized displays in the window.

From the Dumbarton crest it looks like it's got wee lugs making it the Asian variety.

I know this is an Airdrie thread but I don't discriminate against quadrupeds.

As a solicitor you should know that ignorance of the law is no excuse. You are asking for a law that has been in use for over 400 years to be overturned because somebody in your club didn't know the law?

I am also familiar with the concept of the Rule of Law and under the belief that prosecution should only be brought where it is the public interest.

Can you have a read at the act for me http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aosp/1592/29/paragraph/p1 and tell me where it makes clear what is heraldic and what is not? Would you also be able to tell me where it states that letters are forbidden in heraldic devices or states the rules regarding the limited number of "colours" and "metals" that can be used?

While I appreciate that my views on the matter are influenced by the club's current predicament, I'm not convinced that anyone at your club, or a number of other clubs, "knew the law" either.

Archived