Aberdeen v Dundee United

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paton out for the season. Rankin and Connolly major doubts.

Cierzniak;

McGowan, Morris, Souttar, Fojut, Dixon;

Butcher, Telfer;

Erskine;

Ciftci, Bilate

Wouldn't mind seeing that. Think Spittal may start over Bilate though.

Cierzniak;

Butcher, Telfer;

Erskine;

Ciftci, Bilate

I take it that's with McGowan and Dixon as Wing-Backs

Think Spittal may start over Bilate though.

I've become intrigued by Spittal.

Whereas previously not knowing what position he's supposed to be played in was a bit of an annoyance, his recent performances that show he has footballing ability have turned him into that Football Manager youngster, recommended by your Eastern European scout, who has ~12 stats across the board but nothing higher than a 14 or lower than a 10 and is stated as a D/M/AM L/C/R, is never really first choice anywhere but who your assistant manger rates such that he plays him a lot when you go into holiday mode. He's like a footballing Frankenstein in construction and noone knows what the f**k is going to happen next.

This one is always a good game, there's a bit of a meh feeling about it from both sets of fans though, understandable given how the season has sort of died a bit for both. I am hoping we have enough about us to get 80 points, 4 wins from 6 and this is one we have to target to win.

After the tinkering last week at Rugby Park, with players not played to avoid any flare ups of knocks, I would expect to see Jack and Taylor back tomorrow. Personally I would take Jack back for Flood, allowing Smith to keep his place in the team, and Taylor replacing Daniels. In reality Flood will start beside Jack, but I would prefer to see Smith given another start, and for McLean to be tried beside Jack. As for the keeper, both are shite, Brown will likely start but neither are good enough sadly.

Be interesting to see how United play this one tomorrow, particularly if Connolly, Pates and Ranks miss out. Thought Jackie won the semi final by taking off Telfer for Dow but is Dow also ruled out?

Hopefully get a decent crowd out for this one, but probably end up about the 13,000 level given apathy has set in among our floating supporters and a smaller than recent United support predicted earlier in the thread.

This will likely be a close one and I reckon the Famous title will be reclaimed by Aberdeen 2-1: Rooney and McGinn, Shifty for United.

Cierzniak;

Butcher, Telfer;

Erskine;

Ciftci, Bilate

ArabFC finally finished his voodo doll of Pates?

Cierzniak;

Butcher, Telfer;

Erskine;

Ciftci, Bilate

Are you Jackie Mac, Waffelz? Spooky

Archived