Settle a debate - Neutrals views appreciated - Dundee & Utd XI

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you've stole my 'saft feet' so I'm stealing your saying.

Deal. Seen a boy a few rows in front of me, in the Derry last Derby, sporting a home top wi saft feet 10 on the back. Was it you or was it another moniker thief?

Is this with a view to a potential merger?

Hartley manager

Bain

? Fojut McPake Dixon

P McGowan Butcher Thomson

Harkins

Cifti Stewart

Not too sure which right back. Ryan Dow as twelfth man for when Harkins goes off knackered.

Decent keeper, terrible defence, average midfield but exciting front three. Would probably achieve a credible 5th place in the league.

Bain

Mcginn

Fojut

Morris

Mcgowan

Thompson

Telfer

Mcgowan

Connolly

Ciftci

Stewart

I have shoehorned mcgowan/mcginn to left back purely because dixon has been rotten. Telfer, although he has not played that much, is a great player.

Morris is the best centre half between the two teams. Fojut looks infinitely better when morris is playing

Bain

McGowan-Fojut-Morris-Dixon

McGowan-Thompson

Stewart-Dow-Connolly

Ciftci

Man for man I'd say our defenders are individually better players than Dundee's but as a unit they're all over the place whereas theirs seems to be reasonably solid. Our midfield options are tragic to be quite honest and McGowan is a good player (when not in the jail) and Thompson is class (when fit)

At the beginning of the season I'd have taken Thompson (fitness dependant) and McGowan and that'd be it but now, on current form, a merger team would be largely Dundee orientated I'd imagine. I picked my team above based on individual ability but if the choice was between whole defensive units then I'd have to pick Dundee's who seem to be averaging just under a goal against per game in recent times compared to our 3 or so.

Archived