El Lanarko part 5 24/4/15 New Douglas Park

Hopefully an improvement on the shambles us 'well fans witnessed on New Years Day. Accies seem to be in freefall and I am quietly confident of our chances of winning this if Erwin McDonald Johnson and Ainsworth are on form, Ainsworth will probably be unstoppable as its on the tv and I expect a better team performance than Firhill.

2-0 well (hopefully)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will magnificent Marvin be risked on the plastic?

(Sorry for bringing up the plastic pitch, I don't care, just, y'know, legit question)

Sutton to f**k for this one. Thomas on the wing. I don't even care which Thomas, just not Sutton.

You would have thought (or I would) that Motherwell would win this fairly comfortably. Losing coupled with a County win could make finishing above 11th very tricky indeed. That should be motivation enough.

I'm fairly resigned to the playoffs as it is. The important thing now is that we just ensure that we win, or play as well as possible in the remaining fixtures of the season, so we go up against TCFKAR in the playoffs in good form.

That's TCFKAR, who've turned the corner under McCall, and are brilliant, who drew with Livingston last night, remember.

Lose here and the play offs are a certainty.

Pretty much this.

Much like Graeme, not having a go at the plastic pitch, but will the likes of Marvin Johnson and Stevie Hammell be risked on it?

Huge game, we owe Accies another doing to make up for the first two league games, but i'd settle for a nervy, scrappy, jammy 1-0.

Play like we did against UTD and we have a decent chance. Motherwell fighting for their lives so will be a tough one. Some luck wouldn't go amiss either.

Is it not Friday yet?

Despite the fact that we are in the mire of a playoff dogfight (St Mirren are relegated imo), I'm really looking forward to each match. The run in is going to be a cracker.

Anyway, Friday night. I'd drop BJS for this one, play Erwin and Skippy up front and if Johnson isn't fit, play Dom Thomas on the wing. There's no denying big Suttons goal scoring ability but Erwin offers a bit more with his hold up play. And he and McDonald seem to have clicked. Keep big Sutton for the last 20 minutes to help fix the goal difference.

And hopefully Stevie Hammell is fit enough to come back. I know he played in the development league during the week. With another week of training, hopefully he can take part and we can drop Straker. Off the Garrion bridge ideally.

Thistle game was a bad day at the office but I wouldn't change anyone else.

Oh aye and f**k the Accies!

Archived