Check this headline

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headline is the least of it. He's all over the place...

Firstly, Hibs would have to play 2 games in 2 days (i.e. Scottish Cup Final and Playoff Final 2nd leg) if there wasn't an adjustment. Hardly compares to his complaint over Rangers playing on the Saturday, before the UEFA Cup Final on the Wednesday :lol:.

Secondly, the league season *WAS* extended in 2008.

Thirdly, not allowing Rangers to finish after the others in 2008 was precisely due to 'sporting integrity'.

Fourthly, although a minor point, 2008 was under SPL jurisdiction. It's now SPFL.

Barry Ferguson - wrong.

I should explain for those that missed it. The Record actually used "had of" rather than the "might have" they have now. I know there is at least one Record employee on here. Maybe he could get some sort of explanation of why standards have slipped to such a degree.

He has a point. They lost the league by 3 points having dropped 4 in two of the 3 games they had to play. They could have moved the final league games to accommodate.

Yes, the final league games definitely stayed put.

I've lost count of the number of league seasons I've watched reach their conclusions on a Thursday night.

I should explain for those that missed it. The Record actually used "had of" rather than the "might have" they have now. I know there is at least one Record employee on here. Maybe he could get some sort of explanation of why standards have slipped to such a degree.

It's still there in the link you provide.

I find it even more insulting than the subsequent article's content.

He has a point. They lost the league by 3 points having dropped 4 in two of the 3 games they had to play. They could have moved the final league games to accommodate.

They did!!

Season was to finish on Sunday 18th May 2008 but it was extended and so they played delayed games on Monday 19th and Thursday 22nd.

Hit and a miss

It's still there in the link you provide.I find it even more insulting than the subsequent article's content.

Curious, I see it amended. Nevertheless, I find it insulting as well. How can an organisation based around writing explain this?

The term Sporting Integrity seems to have changed over the years to apply to pretty much every situation. The term obviously came to the forefront in 2012 and gets thrown about loads now. I genuinely can't remember it being used as Rangers hurtled their way (i.e tried to shitfest their way through in the most dull way imaginable) to the UEFA cup final. It probably won't be long before the records show Dumbarton and Rangers moaning about it back in the 19th century when they shared the first Scottish League title.

Archived