The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2015/16

No. I had RedTV for a couple of years, it was terrible and the customer service was, frankly, insulting. I don't need to have my match coverage (or pathetic commentary) drop out every 90 seconds.

Redtv international has vastly improved in the last 24months, and has switched to a new company 3 months ago and it's been brilliant ever since, well worth the money you tight arse!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading on twitter that the plane AFC have chartered costs £200k which is £40k more than the prize money for this round.

Absolute farce, at least AFC can just about to afford to pay for these flights but how smaller teams from smaller countries can pay to travel to these types of places I have no idea. Surely UEFA should help cover costs in the early rounds if they are going to let Asian teams like this play (but that of course would require to give a f**k about anything but the bank balances of the clubs of the top5 nations)

How much are they charging fans for the charter and how many have they sold? They should get a fair wedge back I would have thought.

How much are they charging fans for the charter and how many have they sold? They should get a fair wedge back I would have thought.

They've not sold to fans, carried some of the press so should recoup costs from them, but other than that, its the club taking the hit.

Do you get extra money for hosting a european match , like some amount added on plus gate receipts etc.

You get prize money per round, and you keep all your own gate receipts. We'll be doing ok from this, even with the private jet.

You get prize money per round, and you keep all your own gate receipts. We'll be doing ok from this, even with the private jet.

Even a rough calc of 3 x 15,000 crowds at £20 each would net us £900,000 at very least.

And hopefully we get past the Kazakhs and get a sold out crowd in the play-offs.

Apparently Gerard Gohou is out for Almaty tomorrow.

Great news for us, he's banged in 20 odd goals this season for them.

Would imagine we'll be playing a similar team as we did in Rijeka, with Pawlett playing behind Goodwillie. From photos, has Willo travelled with the team? Didn't seem to be at training earlier.

Kairat sound a pretty tasty team and playing in Central Asia is bound to be extremely tough. Fingers crossed we can go out and get an important away goal.

I'll predict the travel to take some toll and result in a narrow 2-1 defeat for the Famous, with Goodwillie getting the goal.

72 match tickets to be collected from the club contact at the hotel, split almost evenly between expats and the long haulers travelling from the UK.

Some pics on twitter of TopReds enjoying a well earned beer. Fair play to them.

Banfree is some of the worst patter I've seen on this site.

I've no interest in seeing Celtic doing well in Europe, but would like to see you guys make a real fist of it. A score draw tomorrow would be a great result.

Gohou and Riera are both likely to be out, two of their best players apparently. Tymoshuck was a class player at Zenit and Bayern but hopefully he is past his best.

A bit of an unknown quantity for the fans but I'm sure Derek has done his homework. Would love a Rijeka-esque performance but a draw and maybe even an away goal would be great!

Archived