Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

I think it's a pretty good addition, actually.

I'd expect him to play the "no.10" role and be a direct replacement for Eremenko. If we're going to play balls over the top then at least we'll have a player that can go in behind Boyd/Magennis/or whoever is upfront. Hopefully playing as an attacking midfielder will allow him to be a bit more consistent than he was as a winger at Thistle last season.

If we get Boyd done (still a big if) then I really like the look of -

Boyd

Johnston Higginbotham Obadeyi

Now Gary, get working on those other players we desperately need.

Johnston can f**k off for all I care.

Kiltie is better IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubt he's a good signing for Killie, taking a regular first team player from a team that finished above you is a coup no matter what spin we try and put on it. As I say it's a reality check for Thistle fans, teams around us can outbid us and we're left to try and replace them with guys with a point to prove (as Higgy was when he joined us). I'm happy with the approach we're taking, but it points to a difficult season ahead.

There's no doubt he's a good signing for Killie, taking a regular first team player from a team that finished above you is a coup no matter what spin we try and put on it. As I say it's a reality check for Thistle fans, teams around us can outbid us and we're left to try and replace them with guys with a point to prove (as Higgy was when he joined us). I'm happy with the approach we're taking, but it points to a difficult season ahead.

I'm not so sure. County took Fox but Cerny is as good, probably better. Archie could have a better replace for Higginbotham lined up too. He now has a scouting network to help him.

Higginbotham can be an incredibly frustrating player but when he's on form, he's a joy to watch. Unfortunately, those days were few and far between last season albeit he suffered with a couple of niggling injuries. Disappointing to lose him to a rival club but this is his level and he's entitled to get the best deal he can - even if it means playing on a plastic pitch. I suspect Locke was behind the alleged interest from Hearts that was rumoured last season and the security of a two-year deal is probably something we couldn't have offered him at the sort of dosh he would have been looking for.

Either way, all the best to him. He did a good job and played a big part in keeping us up in 2013/14. Archie has proven himself capable of bringing in capable replacements though and I've no doubts that he'll do so again on this occasion.

It's worth posting Higginbotham's comments on plastic pitches.

"I have never approved of plastic pitches and never will. It is just not for me. It is hard to get any sort of game going on that surface. I did my knee earlier in the season down at Kilmarnock. Surely it is not good for your joints.

"You feel about 105 when you come off the pitch after the game. It just shows you that it is not suitable to play 90 minutes on.

"I don't know how Hamilton train on it every day as it must knock a couple of years off your career."

I just thought that you have the IQ of an average Killie fan. Thanks for confirming it!

You missed an obvious joke based on the fact that the pitch comments have been posted in relation to Higginbotham / Killie about a dozen times in the last few weeks but yes, I'm the window licker here...

Now thats us signed 3 players. Higgy- improvement

McDonald- major improvement

Scott Robinson- i would think improvement

At long last some much need positivity from the club. Remember Locke saying we'd only have 3 signings, can believe that anymore, would imagine he has another minimum 2 linned up and potentially 3. I'd love to see Boydie and a left back. If we could get one more player then a centre back would be welcome aswell. Hopefully Locke doesn't undo all the good work by employing Billy Brown as his assistant, would love to see and outside "unknown" candidate take the role, or boyd.

Anyway team is starting to take shape now, from what last week looked bleek and a certainty for relegation, looking forward to the season now.

I'm pleased with this signing. In terms of pure ability, he's one of the best in the league. The biggest issue I have is whether Locke will know how to use him effectively in order to get some form of consistent performance from him. There's no point in having a guy with that level of talent if the ball is going to sail over his head for 90 minutes every week.

We have a reasonably solid but unspectacular midfield base with Hamill and Slater/Robinson, so we need to give someone like Higginbotham to the freedom to provide a spark.

At long last some much need positivity from the club. Remember Locke saying we'd only have 3 signings, can believe that anymore, would imagine he has another minimum 2 linned up and potentially 3. I'd love to see Boydie and a left back. If we could get one more player then a centre back would be welcome aswell. Hopefully Locke doesn't undo all the good work by employing Billy Brown as his assistant, would love to see and outside "unknown" candidate take the role, or boyd.

Anyway team is starting to take shape now, from what last week looked bleek and a certainty for relegation, looking forward to the season now.

Who is Robinson an improvement on? He was very poor in this league the last time around, and couldn't get a game for Hearts last season in the league below. You can make the argument that he's younger, less injury prone and might have potential, but I don't believe he's anywhere close to Clingan in terms of ability.

Curious as to why you would want Boyd as assistant other than he's ex-Killie? He is fat, unprofessional and has shown nothing to suggest he'd make a good coach, has he?

He was a model professional at Killie last season and was a great influence on our younger players both on and off the park. He was basically a captain in all but name last season. I also think he's much smarter (as a footballer) than he's given credit for. What happened at Rangers isn't hugely important to me - that was a poisonous working environment in general.

What about Kilmarnock sign trio for left full back, centre and striker.

If Killie can outbid Partick, then who's fucked

The team who isn't living within their means? ;)

Good signing for you lot, although I don't think he's much of a #10 (seen a few Killie fans state they'd like to see him there). He's definitely much better coming off either wing. A very different player to Eremenko, so I'm not sure how he'd work as a like for like swap.

Archived