Jamaica

Mitch

Anyone been? Recommend it?

Looks like it is going to be the Sensatori in Jamaica for my honeymoon next year. Reviews seem decent enough.

What can I get up to on the island?

Going to Jamaica next Wednesday for 2 weeks for my honeymoon. Staying at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton which is I think a 5* hotel so am really looking forward to it. The wife has been before and really enjoyed it that's why she's wanted our honeymoon there. Don't have anything planned yet but am sure we'll be doing Dunnes River and Ricks Cafe and other things.

Going to Jamaica next Wednesday for 2 weeks for my honeymoon. Staying at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton which is I think a 5* hotel so am really looking forward to it. The wife has been before and really enjoyed it that's why she's wanted our honeymoon there. Don't have anything planned yet but am sure we'll be doing Dunnes River and Ricks Cafe and other things.

Be sure to pop back in on your return and share your experience.

Looks like it is going to be the Sensatori in Jamaica for my honeymoon next year. Reviews seem decent enough.

The missus wants to go there, but we are thinking about selling the house and moving next year so it will have to be put off. Greece and Croatia it remains.

Sensitori Jamaica is also fucking expensive!

The missus wants to go there, but we are thinking about selling the house and moving next year so it will have to be put off. Greece and Croatia it remains.

I know this is a Jamaica thread but where would you recommend in Croatia? Been looking about for next year.

Coming in about £2k a head for 10 nights. Looking to book the Premium Club flights to as probably worth the extra £250 a head. Anyone used Thomsons Premium Club?

I know this is a Jamaica thread but where would you recommend in Croatia? Been looking about for next year.

Went to Dubrovnik last year and it was superb, can't recommend it enough. Stayed in a wee B&B, it was up the hill and slightly off the beaten track but still only 10 mins by taxi to Lapad. If you want details, more than happy to PM you. Can pass on places to eat as well.

Going back next year although still to book, we normally do after our annual holiday inSeptember.

Take lots of money if it's Dubrovnik. Seriously expensive in the old town, well worth it though. I quite fancy one of the wee cruises from Split, but the missus doesn't want to do it.

Coming in about £2k a head for 10 nights. Looking to book the Premium Club flights to as probably worth the extra £250 a head. Anyone used Thomsons Premium Club?

£4k for 10 nights, about what we were quoted. It's your honeymoon so all I'm going to say is enjoy it!

I really want to scream £4k for a fucking holiday! Are you mad???

Enjoy anyway ;)

There's nicer Caribbean Islands than Jamaica, it isn't the cleanest of places, and there's pretty high levels of crime. I only went around Montego Bay but yeah, wouldn't rush back.

Would recommend somewhere like St Thomas or Barabdos ahead of Jamaica.

I was at the Sensatori Jamaica last September and it is brilliant. It was £1,360 each. The food is excellent, the staff are good craic, all very layed back. Plenty room at the pools, as long as you're up for 7am you'll get a four poster beach bed. Drink all good labels. The Italian or Garfields Restaurants are some of the best food I've had. Ricks Cafe is a hoot, only trip we done though

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed in runaway bay 2 years ago would go back the morning Dunn's river waterfall is good. A trip to bob Marley's house at nine miles is interesting watching dozens o locals trying to sell weed which is the bizz through a 3 foot hole in the wall is funny.locals friendly,rum brill smoke unbelievable and cheap so enjoy like I did

• 6 months later...

Go to the Rui Tropical Bay in Negril. (Not the Club one)

Great hotel with its own private beach that gets amazing sunsets.

If you go on any trips make sure you visit Martha Brae where you get to float down the river on a little raft and do not miss Ricks Cafe.

I would steer clear of Kingston. Ochos Rios and Montego Bay are quite busy places and some of the locals there dont like to take no for an answer sometimes.

As with most Caribbean islands though, be prepared for a few loud mouthed, back packing Americans.

p.s. The swingers hotel Hedonism is just along the road and good for a giggle at some of their guests.