Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

For fucks sake.Are we now at the point where even relatives of board members and the poor souls who have the misfortune to accompany them to games are not safe from a Shaggro attack?

When they strut around like they own the place (ironic doesn't even begin to cover THAT!!), while the club falls apart with no one taking responsibility, or telling the truth as to why the manager gets to act like a two year old in front of everyone, then no. Until WE get the relevant answers, no one is 'safe'. Fucking grow up Sally.....you can't be serious???

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having not been alive when Clyde played in their traditional home of Rutherglen and the subsequent stratification of Strathclyde, I know no other context of Clyde other than as nomads or at Broadwood, a stadium unnecessary and a town unremarkable, neither of which I've visited.

But being a big advocate of Scottish football and having a pride in Greater Glasgow, I of course have an understanding of the situation of the club and have been highly conversant in it. However having read the legible comments from the club's supporters posting on this site in the last few pages, I feel their desperation and was very empathetic.

But I feel I must do more and visit the ground to shout for the team this season when I can and do more. What more can I do to help?

I can't believe some people are suggesting we let the club die then come back again in a years time after that.

For the time being the CIC is how the club will be run until someone can come up with another plan which would allow the club to be run in a better way.

I really doubt that anyone out there with enough money to invest in a football club would come near us due to having no assets to our name with a dwindling support which is seemingly tearing itself apart with infighting and also a support with a severe lack of interest, so I feel that people expecting someone to get involved is kidding themselves on.

I can remember the season we almost won the 1st division we were almost purchased by some chancer who was called Lawrence but his surname escapes me who was going to take over and run the club as cheaply as possible in the SPL and was going to take every last penny out of us so this is also another worry that someone takes over and shafts us totally.

Wow. Let's keep on as we are. Five days since it appeared to me that this club is officially in its closing chapter, we have our first ostrich. Why the obsession with money?? We've never fucking had any!! Once upon a time we had a chairman who stretched things to retain the best squad of players we had in more than thirty years.......and i repeat, it is not the answer to the current problems. Do the stayaways do so because we dont buy our way out of trouble??? Of course not. They stay away because supporting the club is becoming a complete waste of time. It's really that simple.

I can't believe some people are suggesting we let the club die then come back again in a years time after that.

For the time being the CIC is how the club will be run until someone can come up with another plan which would allow the club to be run in a better way.

I really doubt that anyone out there with enough money to invest in a football club would come near us due to having no assets to our name with a dwindling support which is seemingly tearing itself apart with infighting and also a support with a severe lack of interest, so I feel that people expecting someone to get involved is kidding themselves on.

I can remember the season we almost won the 1st division we were almost purchased by some chancer who was called Lawrence but his surname escapes me who was going to take over and run the club as cheaply as possible in the SPL and was going to take every last penny out of us so this is also another worry that someone takes over and shafts us totally.

thank the good lord everything is ok for a minute there I thought the club were right in the s****

Spider you talk more sense than the majority of moronic Clyde fans on this forum. Talk of throwing in the towel and restarting 12 months later in the juniors is so ludicrous I am also ashamed to raise the matter. Too many fans are happy to moan,withdraw there support and then refer to other fans who will not give up the fight as 'uber fans' -what the hell does that mean?

A message to all concerned-give it a rest and let those of us cannot envisage having a team like Clyde to support a break.

Bring on the approbrium.

keep that up you will get a seat on the team bus for the next away game and a seat in the directors

hold on wait a minute

It's all to do with money sadly.

How??? Don't start playing semantics....if the club is terminally short of cash, it is because of dreadful relations with business associates, interested third parties, employees, landlords, and eventually it's own supporters. In my eyes, a succession of BoD's have made their position absolutely crystal clear to the detriment of every single aspect of being involved with the club. It's actually a saving grace that what we do have is worth precisely f**k all, as who knows how that might have ended up compromised. Or squandered. Whichever you"ve been told is applicable.

Spider you talk more sense than the majority of moronic Clyde fans on this forum. Talk of throwing in the towel and restarting 12 months later in the juniors is so ludicrous I am also ashamed to raise the matter. Too many fans are happy to moan,withdraw there support and then refer to other fans who will not give up the fight as 'uber fans' -what the hell does that mean?

A message to all concerned-give it a rest and let those of us cannot envisage having a team like Clyde to support a break.

Bring on the approbrium.

'Envisaging' supporting a team like Clyde is all you'll be able to do very soon. If we were a horse, we'd be a Findus Lasagne by now.

If we were a horse, we'd be a Findus Lasagne by now.

Quite possibly the best one-liner I've ever read on P&B, but then again, i've always had a soft spot for gallows humour.

Also, either you missed my previous question or you're ducking it - are you leading by example and going to support your team on Saturday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/clyde/3472313.stm

Only know this as I looked it up the other day!

so what do think is wrong and how do we improve the club's position ?

I think at the moment if the team could get their act together and we could get a few wins that would help as a lot of the doom and gloom of the past week and a bit has all came from the poor performances against Stirling & the cup game and with fans starting to feel that we may be stuck in this league for another season.

The other thing is obviously the stadium issue and until that is sorted then it's difficult to progress off the field.

I think at the moment if the team could get their act together and we could get a few wins that would help as a lot of the doom and gloom of the past week and a bit has all came from the poor performances against Stirling & the cup game and with fans starting to feel that we may be stuck in this league for another season.

The other thing is obviously the stadium issue and until that is sorted then it's difficult to progress off the field.

fair enough apart from the stadium it's just the last two performances that are the problem

Bewick at home ?

Queens Park at home?

Montrose away ?

this is new stadium attempt number four they have failed to deliver

I agree a couple of results may lift the gloom and doom but only temporarily the deep rooted problems at the club won't be

haha ****ing seriously?

If there was someone barking mad enough to consider that a scroll through this 'discussion would quickly sort that out.

Change will only happen from within

it might work considering you groundshare with cumbernauld colts and if the club dies, it be a new start for cumbernauld and cumbernauld colts. I thought you guys were trying to move back here and looking at shettleston juniors i didnt think things are getting that bad.

No my friend, it really isn't. Losing a couple of games has no bearing on the fundamental issues facing the club...though the general standard over the past few years represents a symptom

Aggro, don't waste your time & effort any more. You've explained the point several times now & people still can't grasp a very simple concept

For the final time, nobody is talking about the solution equating to an immediate cash injection from some big bogey man (largely in your own imaginations when 99% of all clubs are run perfectly fine in the traditional sense)

The talent to overhaul the club at all levels, generate revenue & a build a positive vision for the future including deliver a relocation that ticks ALL the boxes is much more important than the proviso of immediate funding. Are people seriously advocating sourcing that ability & then asking them to pay for the privilege of giving their time & expertize for free?

Much easier to propose that to any interested parties...and there may be...than adding a ludicrous condion of an up front cash investment to something with little assets not long out of debt

Change from within & more members needed? So we could have 800 people without the experience & skillset to deliver instead of 344??

You really just don't get this, do you?

No my friend, it really isn't. Losing a couple of games has no bearing on the fundamental issues facing the club...though the general standard over the past few years represents a symptom

Aggro, don't waste your time & effort any more. You've explained the point several times now & people still can't grasp a very simple concept

For the final time, nobody is talking about the solution equating to an immediate cash injection from some big bogey man (largely in your own imaginations when 99% of all clubs are run perfectly fine in the traditional sense)

The talent to overhaul the club at all levels, generate revenue & a build a positive vision for the future including deliver a relocation that ticks ALL the boxes is much more important than the proviso of immediate funding. Are people seriously advocating sourcing that ability & then asking them to pay for the privilege of giving their time & expertize for free?

Much easier to propose that to any interested parties...and there may be...than adding a ludicrous condion of an up front cash investment to something with little assets not long out of debt

Change from within & more members needed? So we could have 800 people without the experience & skillset to deliver instead of 344??

You really just don't get this, do you?

I think that if we are to attract people with ability (and still think there would have to be some initial investment not a huge sums of money initiate ground move club infrastructure, administration / office staff ) you would have to give them control of all aspects of the club

you would have to give them control of all aspects of the club

Exactly, & what I've been saying are the reasons for that in my opinion

If we did source what's required, they will have been successful in what they've done, and in the modern era the idea of communicating with their "customer" base won't be alien to them, in fact they'll actively look to do so.

So some things they'll need to take care of as they see fit, but they may have other proposals they'd value the thoughts of the supporters as they'll understand the importance of taking everyone with them. So in that case, the CiC could revert to a more natural official supporters club. A new board may put a series of proposals to the CiC for their input from time to time, what's their thoughts, anything we've missed, anything to add, talk it among yourselves and let us know what you think....that's a healthy relationship. And it's also one where they are the ones instigating ideas and asking for additional input, rather than throwing everything on the supporters to do so

I know the obvious question is, well this is all fine but where are we going to source this? Well let's just see.... I'm just saying that if something does appear, by all means listen to what's proposed, checks & balances, but be prepared to accept a change to a system that clearly isn't working

I'm off to put £20 on Clyde winning tomorrow for no logical reason other than it would just be like the thing :lol:

Archived