The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what if we signed a Rab Douglas or an emergency loan and they had a stinker?

Football is littered with goalkeepers who have made their name after coming in to a big game and playing a blinder. David Marshall v Barcelona and Paul Robinson v Lazio spring to mind.

Get behind the lad and give him some encouragement - the club definitely see him as being our first choice keeper one day.

That lad Brian Potter for Raith Rovers....

wee fanny.

And therein lies our problem. A highly rated young keeper playing with a dodgy defence in front of him. As can be seen from posts on here people are very quick to blame the keeper and we end up badly damaging his confidence. I'm not sure it's worth the risk at the moment.

I'd happily play him if there was a chance of our fickle support not leaping to blame him if anything goes wrong but we all know that will never happen.

Are we a bit quick to blame the defence too? A team defends as a team and too often the forwards and especially the midfield leave the defence very exposed

He's the only viable option, it's going to be baptism of fire for the boy.

Have Smith and sumsky been returned to there respective clubs, as they are still showing up on the official site in the squad.

Smith has, Sumsky not yet...

any opinions on Caolan McAleer?

Looked a real prospect during his first spell here but has done next to nothing since for us or East Fife. Just saw the news on the junior forum. Bit surprised he's went on a loan deal - thought he'd be released TBH. How long is the deal for? Suggests he's still in the manager's thoughts at least so hopefully he can go away and capture a bit of form if he can get a run of games.

And what if we signed a Rab Douglas or an emergency loan and they had a stinker?

Football is littered with goalkeepers who have made their name after coming in to a big game and playing a blinder. David Marshall v Barcelona and Paul Robinson v Lazio spring to mind.

Get behind the lad and give him some encouragement - the club definitely see him as being our first choice keeper one day.

for one douglas retired second reason he wouldnt come third hes rotten and fourth i hate every bit about him absolute sc#m

for one douglas retired second reason he wouldnt come third hes rotten and fourth i hate every bit about him absolute sc#m

5 - I'm sure he thinks very highly of some sections of the Airdrie support too

6 - He'd love to pump the Arabs...again

7 (and should have been #1) - You guys know that he's already cup tied, don't you?

Nobody's suggesting we sign him, it was just a name thrown out as an example of a free agent.

ok...but not really the best suggestion of a potential free agent that you could approach then (and I'm not sure Rapid got that you weren't actually considering him as a genuine signing target either...)

Smith has, Sumsky not yet...

Looked a real prospect during his first spell here but has done next to nothing since for us or East Fife. Just saw the news on the junior forum. Bit surprised he's went on a loan deal - thought he'd be released TBH. How long is the deal for? Suggests he's still in the manager's thoughts at least so hopefully he can go away and capture a bit of form if he can get a run of games.

He'll get games alright, we have a very small squad.

At the moment we could do with a left back (maybe could be Fitz?) Or defensive cover, a good midfielder and a good lively striker with pace.

Smith, Sumsky, Morgan and Hunter are soon to be gone as their loans are up. McBride, van Zanten, Morton and McAleer seem to be unwanted surplus.

Surely we can turn those 8 players into 2 or 3 neccessary parts that can lead us into the playoffs?

Slowly but shirley getting there. Expecting some surprise news shortly

Archived