The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Think this is out of order ! You seem to forget the poor results that we had didn't help his case. if bollan was winning every week and top of the league are you trying to say the outcome would have been the same.

Only because they couldn't sack him in that position! the current position suits them, hence the reason they tied a hand behind his back and engineered a groundswell of opinion against him from fans and players to undermine him.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we class this as a meltdown yet?

theres going to b quite a few meltdowns in the weeks to come. Ewb going to try and play the Barcelona way(square pegs into round holes comes to mind). Plus I wonder what team in this league will sit back and watch us pass the ball about for fun(I will take a guess and say none). These players are at airdrie for a reason, cos they're average at best. And as for ewb wanting to introduce the youth team into the 1st team, watch this space soon about what happens to the more experienced players(bye bye to most of them). The biggest worry is the young boys are a million miles away from even getting close to the playoffs, so I hope ewb introduces them slowly into 1st team and not right away as he says he going to do. I'm dreading watching next few games cos as I've said in a previous post he won't command the respect of the players. Harsh I know, but will b proved true.

Definitely some good moments. The goals were taken very well and there was some nice play leading up to them. We just completely collapsed and threw it away. Being 3 - 1 up at home and losing is totally unacceptable. Garbage defending and sat far too deep, especially when they went down to 10. No real out ball also didn't help. Ref was crap, and no doubt had an influence on how the game went, but he wasn't the reason we lost.

I wasn't convinced by Ferguson at all. Didn't come out for crosses, wasn't commanding and did not seem confident at all. Big game for him on Tuesday.

Will be interesting to see if he brings anyone in and who he lets go.

Brown had some nice touches before he was sacrificed as well. Looks like we'll be fine going forward (on decent surfaces), but we need to sort out the defence. I'd imagine we'll bring in a left back and move O'Neil to right back.

I was impressed with the way we pressurised their defenders (before the gameplan went out the window) too, I've been crying out for that for ages. We're in the third tier of Scottish football, the defenders aren't exactly Franco Baresi. If you breathe down their neck, they might make mistakes.

Missed EWB's first game. Seemed an attacking line up, though the result is obviously disappointing.

As I've said, we don't have the players to play his philosophy.

Tuesday should give us a realistic expectation of where we stand against a very lacklustre Stenny side.

Must win game on Tuesday.

Parry's red card definitely getting appealed.

TBF Lister hasn't looked anywhere near fit when he's came on so it's probably right for him to sit out until he is.

But letting either him or Prunty go would be a huge mistake. Both good experienced players that any team needs while Lister was exactly the sort of player that we needed on Saturday.

What points did u raise?

The product on the pitch, the need for first team investment, value for money, the poor treatment of Gary Bollan and the appointment of EWB. I also raised the point that we have a squad that looks like they don't want to win.

The product on the pitch, the need for first team investment, value for money, the poor treatment of Gary Bollan and the appointment of EWB. I also raised the point that we have a squad that looks like they don't want to win.

its quite clear why we have a squad that looks like they don't want to win. I've said before, every team that appoints a new manager gets a lift, our players actually look slightly worse . Maybe ewb has pissed players off with certain things that he's changed. Time will tell but I doubt very much mr King will give anything away. Unhappy players =losing games. But on the flip side if ewb just gets the players fired up, forget tippy tappy football short term and get a few wins on the board, Saturday at the San Siro is the best place to start.

All good and important points though I'm not sure King will reply with anything interesting or of merit.

Archived