The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U20s should be about producing 1st team players, not results.

Are you a distraught player or parent of a player, i've noticed a few leaving lately, or a coach who has been sideshifted ?

Are the u20s better winning easy games every week and not being tested?

I've obviously not seen the game at Murray Park, but can totally understand why theyd do it. You have to test yourself against the best or you're kidding yourself on. I'd bet that if those u20s played Rangers once a month and worked hard on their weaknesses between games they'd be competing with them after a few months.

Youth coaches, parents and players in this country would rather take the easy options every time. As a complete outsider I can see exactly why EWB would take on the Rangers game and use it as a marker for the standards we need. We wont produce the players we need otherwise.

My thoughts exactly. Seems far too bitter to be neither a disgruntled parent or previous coach.

Purely as an outsider looking in it looked as if he lost his best players, and a very solid spine of a team, and failed to replace them with players of anywhere near the same quality. On top of that a few of the players ended up at their nearest rivals in the league in us and Livi:

Daryll Meggatt - Dundee

Ben Gordon - Livingston

Liam Buchanan - Livingston

Kyle Benedictus - (loan expired) Raith

Ryan McCord - Raith

Mark Docherty - Dumbarton

Kevin Cawley - Dumbarton

It's incredible looking through that list at just how many decent players they lost - how much of that was down to Lennon and how much of it was down to budget/other reasons I don't know

I'm led to believe Lennon was the reason a lot of players left. He's not got a great reuptation amongst players, confirmed by a player himself. Not sure whether it's him as a person or his training methods etc.

Clocked a few recent likes on Twitter following his sacking that would appear to back that up.

What, because he flys to Barca he's a capable manager? Honestly?

I don't give a shit how many flights he takes. I care about what he's done....and his record is muck.

Yes, yes, that was the crux of my argument all along :lol:

what a Jonah.

anyway, I've said my piece. Hope your new management team works out well. I think it will.

Purely as an outsider looking in it looked as if he lost his best players, and a very solid spine of a team, and failed to replace them with players of anywhere near the same quality. On top of that a few of the players ended up at their nearest rivals in the league in us and Livi:

Daryll Meggatt - Dundee

Ben Gordon - Livingston

Liam Buchanan - Livingston

Kyle Benedictus - (loan expired) Raith

Ryan McCord - Raith

Mark Docherty - Dumbarton

Kevin Cawley - Dumbarton

It's incredible looking through that list at just how many decent players they lost - how much of that was down to Lennon and how much of it was down to budget/other reasons I don't know

Training methods. Danny apparently stuck in the 70s.

Hi guys, I've been told that Lennon was to be confirmed as director of football for yourselfs today but has turned it down at the last minute as he wants the Livi job.

No idea if it's true but it's from a good source.

Two bald men fighting over a comb.

I'm led to believe Lennon was the reason a lot of players left. He's not got a great reuptation amongst players, confirmed by a player himself. Not sure whether it's him as a person or his training methods etc.

Clocked a few recent likes on Twitter following his sacking that would appear to back that up.

Training methods. Danny apparently stuck in the 70s.

Hi guys, I've been told that Lennon was to be confirmed as director of football for yourselfs today but has turned it down at the last minute as he wants the Livi job.

No idea if it's true but it's from a good source.

Excellent stuff. We'll have first dibs on Buchanan this time around, Livingston.

Disappointing if it's true about Lennon being all set to come on board and then backing out. Seems an odd move especially as Livi are an absolute basket case of a club and he's not guaranteed to get the job in the first place. Perhaps they'll now try and appoint someone else or wait to see if Lennon does go to Livi and if he doesn't then try get him on board again.

Disappointing if it's true about Lennon being all set to come on board and then backing out. Seems an odd move especially as Livi are an absolute basket case of a club and he's not guaranteed to get the job in the first place. Perhaps they'll now try and appoint someone else or wait to see if Lennon does go to Livi and if he doesn't then try get him on board again.

If Lennon prefers Livingston to us, let him go, it is not a good idea to bring someone in if it not his preferred choice and his heart is not in the job, would serve him right to be left out in the cold

This entire thread has a "careful what you wish for" feel.

Whilst we're playing some shit football and his signings have been hit or miss, Bollan is still a decent manager for this level. Yep, he's annoyed some players, so what? I've said it before, he wants people on the park he can trust - it's his job on the line.

If Bollan does go I firmly believe we'll end up with a combo of King and Wolecki-Black. I don't know what everyone else thinks about that but it seems to me a terrifying prospect.

Welcome to your new management team. We've all to buy those Wolecki-Black shirts in a show of solidarity. Club shop now.

JS73329896.jpg

^^^What was predicted to all those wanting shot of Bollan.......is exactly what we've now got?

Everybody happy then?

This set of events has been orchestrated from day one. Bollan has been undermined from above and below from players as it was clear as day this is what they wanted. Fans have been used as vessels to carry stories and drip feed information on websites and by mouth to others and to build support for such a move. All the while we have had a manager operating with one hand tied behind his back and it is no wonder the league position is so shit.

This set of events has been orchestrated from day one. Bollan has been undermined from above and below from players as it was clear as day this is what they wanted. Fans have been used as vessels to carry stories and drip feed information on websites and by mouth to others and to build support for such a move. All the while we have had a manager operating with one hand tied behind his back and it is no wonder the league position is so shit.

They've paid a lot of money for the club and are entitled to appoint who they wish as manager. Happens in every profession. At the end of the day, TW has spent hundreds of thousands to buy the club and is enititled to appoint who he sees fit to manage what his vision is for the club. Maybe it's been underhand the way it's happened, but GB leaves with his stock entact, and Airdrie get their man.

Despite EWB's poor managerial history in the Senior game, I am quite excited and intrigued about what the future will bring. Would rather have nicked Darren Young, but glad it's not the likes of Gus McPherson, Jimmy Calderwood etc.

PPS You not working in Embra anymore?

Let's be realistic. Money was never going to be chucked at the first team this year with Dunfermline in the league. When Alloa come down and Dunfermline go up, Airdrie will make a serious run at the league next year and wil have the budget to back it up. The fans need to be patient. This season will be write off and with the squad in place it is far too soon for promotion. There will be a proper clear out in the summer. The club want to go full-time eventually, that means clearing almost this whole squad as very few of them are good enough to step up. It is exactly the model of Hamilton Accies they want to run. Bollan was never interested in bringing through young players be it from the youth setup or else where. Thats an u-20 league winning team, a system that produced the likes of Tony Watt that has went tits up under his watch. Only have to look at his signings. Prunty, DVZ, Kev McBride etc.

Archived