The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fairly obvious to say that we can now probably attract youngsters that want to remain full time and who may not make the grade at Premiership clubs. My point is, there are several clubs in a better position scrambling about for the same type of player. Next season it just so happens that we'll be in the worst position of all the full time clubs, from a league perspective anyway, and perhaps the least attractive on that basis.

It's a brave and bold move to go full time at the moment, and it'll take a lot of work to build us a team capable of challenging to get out this league, especially if we're going down the route of untested youngsters. Though if that gamble pays off, it could do so very handsomely.

Didnt the chairman say that our budget would be similar to now? To share about £2500/week between 16 f/t and 10 u20s is ot an easy task if you're lookin

for quality?

Didnt the chairman say that our budget would be similar to now? To share about £2500/week between 16 f/t and 10 u20s is ot an easy task if you're lookin

for quality?

The 3 or 4 experienced pros - Faria (possibly Esposito??) plus 1 or 2 others will account for probably 30-40% of the wage bill. The younger guys will be on a basic wage with bonuses.

Tom said the budget would be slightly higher but with a smaller squad. The squad budget was increased by 30% when tom came in. Tom said he wouldn't throw out big wages he also did say if we were paying a little more to get a player it would need to represent value. Yes at the end of this season alot of players will go and I believe your bain, cadden, watt will remain but I won't be surprised if Lithgow and couple others may be kept if they perform well now to the end of the season.

Just saying that if it is 26 players in full time....that would work out at about 100 quid a week......that's stupid talk.....

I was aware we had increased budget slightly this year. During Boyle's era the bulk of our squad were on double figures. One night at Ibrox we had a right back on £20/week and a centre half on £10/week. The weekly bill was approx. £2150 per week. Coaches and assts were working for expenses.

Players like Bain and McLaren, and bulk of squad, were on £75-£80/week.

Bollan didnt have any come and go on that till this season (see TW's interview).

touched by madness you may find the figure was more like £100- £120 a week I know not a huge difference. The season we went up by default this increase in wage was a pittance.

What figures numbnuts? I mentioned a range of figures. But dont worry, I'll trust you rather than the people affected.

Archived