The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

A lot is been made of Leighton, time will tell. I am surprised though the young striker Thomson has not been mentioned as much as in the Edmonton game he looked very good off  the ball work rate and on the ball and did make cross field pass in the lead up to our goal.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the Q and A the Chairman was asked whether we would have part time players next year and he gave a categoric 'no'. Whether or not this is the right policy it certainly fits in with the working hours of 11.30 to 5.30. Can't imagine that the coaches would come out again at night to coach the part timers!

At the Q and A the Chairman was asked whether we would have part time players next year and he gave a categoric 'no'. Whether or not this is the right policy it certainly fits in with the working hours of 11.30 to 5.30. Can't imagine that the coaches would come out again at night to coach the part timers!

Football managers tend to state this common quote " if I am bringing a player in he has to be a player of better quality than i already have ".  I think the club should reconsider its decision on part time players if a player becomes available who could help improve the airdrie team why not sign them. I remember airdrie in 90s having 3-4 part timers who did a great job for airdrie. I don't see the harm in having a couple of good part timers on board if its going to help improve results.

Danny Lennon said only here to end of the season, I would consider Lister and Prunty if we are going to wait a while on EWB the two players have respect of the other players and also have the club at heart.

I'd keep:

Rohan Ferguson

Chris O'Neil

Keiran MacDonald

Nicky Cadden

Jamie Bain and Scott Stewart I'm undecided about. Bain is a solid squad player at this level but nothing more. Stewart has never impressed me but I heard he played well today and if he can continue to impress til the end of the season then he'll more than deserve a new contract. He's certainly no worse than our other options.

Joe Gorman, Hugo Faria (sadly) and maybe Esposito (?) are already under contract for next season.

Would punt the rest.

Archived