The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me that even if we had offered him a 2 year deal, the chance to work with Ian McCall again would have swayed it anyway. Don't think it's got anything to do with money.

On another note, good to see the OS is keeping us informed!

Sounds to me that even if we had offered him a 2 year deal, the chance to work with Ian McCall again would have swayed it anyway. Don't think it's got anything to do with money.

On another note, good to see the OS is keeping us informed!

What's the "OS"?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Heard about a certain former Ayr player, that may or may not have been mentioned on this page, trying to fire into the girls in the pie stall during his time at Somerset Park. I take it he has a rep for this sort of behaviour?

He got charged for having sex with a girl and videoing it without her consent, think there's an article about it somewhere.

By OS i meant the official site. Not been updated since Tuesday.

It only gets updated when one of the Ballantyne's okays a story to go up.

It's been a pretty grim week with Boyle going and Bollan now being linked with yet another job. Hopefully the club can make a few positive announcements next week to lift the mood.

Interesting reading Paddy's interview - McCall was obviously a big factor in him moving, but I'd be annoyed if we hadn't even tried offering him a 2 year deal to compete.

In any case, I wish the guy well. As I've said elsewhere, he'll be a big loss but he's been a good servant and a solid player. The reality of the situation we're in has really hit home for me this week though, we'll never keep our better players.

The site is so far behind on what's going on, the news you'll here first is always on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

What exactly is the site behind on? We didn't sell Boyle to Ayr, he was out of contract and he's signed for another club. Don't think any club would announce that.

What exactly is the site behind on? We didn't sell Boyle to Ayr, he was out of contract and he's signed for another club. Don't think any club would announce that.

Most other clubs would have released a statement to the effect of [players name] has opted not to renew his contract and has signed for [team]. We wish him well in his future career.

Stenny have done exactly that on their OS.

That's quite an extensive list. I wish we were as open as that with the fans. Didn't realise Pedro Moutinho was on the books at Stenny. Chris Smith seems to have fallen out of favour culminating in his release. Or was he injured? I've always rated him. Would take him if he's fit and McNeill doesn't sign.

On another subject, Stenny are offering a discounted admission price of £10 to season ticket holders of the visiting team. I think that's a decent gesture.

Archived