The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard this morning from a normally reliable source that Bollan will become Forfar manager this week subject to an agreement being reached between the clubs with Billy Reid becoming our new manager. I suppose time will tell.

Can't see Airdrie looking for compo for Bollan to be honest. If Forfar want him, I'm sure he is there's to take.

Quite liked Reid with Accies. Would take him at Airdrie, but don't think it will be him.

I've heard this morning from a normally reliable source that Bollan will become Forfar manager this week subject to an agreement being reached between the clubs with Billy Reid becoming our new manager. I suppose time will tell.

That agreement is over how many packets of crisps go with the pints of lager.

Reid would absolutely be the logical choice. The new chairman has spoken about the Hamilton model, Reid was in charge of the first team when that model was bearing fruit. He took them to the top flight from our current level and with pitiful crowds. He knew how to handle the youngsters that would go on to make the club millions. I would think he will be very high on the club's list if the time comes.

He had a rugby team before he lucked on Alex Neil. Trust me, AN looked after those 2 on the park.

You're talking shite. I know a player who played under Reid at Accies and he was very liked by the young players and their families. He might favour defensive tactics for the 1st team but he is good with young players.

Reid was my choice at the time when Bollan got the job. I'd still take him and as others have said, he seems the natural choice if we are to follow the Hamilton model.

Touchedbymadness is right in that the team was successful because they had a core of experienced players such as Alex Neil to guide the youngsters on the park. However, it was Reid who brought him in (I assume?) and so he will surely recognise that and seek to do that here as well as bringing through young players.

And yes his football isn't great but it's effective and gets results which is what matters.

Of course it's all just hearsay just now.

[quote name="touchedbymadness" post="10036730"

Is it just me or is the first team not a priority?

Agreed. And it should be the main priority of the club. I hope that, whoever the manager is, they receive sufficient backing in January to make the required improvements to the team.

Sandy Clark has a 'mixed' managerial record at best and he has a pretty poor rep with young players. I don't think he's the man to take us forward.

Any club he's been at has seen the benefit of his input in the years following from youth... Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johntsone to name some.

Archived