Fife Cup

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kelty Hearts have officially applied for membership of Fife FA so hopefully the competition continues. Noticed that the last team to app;y for membership was Livingston FC, maybe Cowden Cowboy can say when this was?

Livingston applied at both the 2010 and 2011 AGMs - thus they were applying for membership for seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12

If we're talking historical counties, then it would be Linlithgowshire that we're talking about. I think South Queensferry is within that old county boundary, so you could argue that the two do actually border each other, with the connection via a bridge. I was really just curious, because as noted above, there is a historical precedent for clubs based outside Fife to become members. If that was the only reason, it's strange that Livingston would have applied for a second time.

If we're talking historical counties, then it would be Linlithgowshire that we're talking about. I think South Queensferry is within that old county boundary, so you could argue that the two do actually border each other, with the connection via a bridge. I was really just curious, because as noted above, there is a historical precedent for clubs based outside Fife to become members. If that was the only reason, it's strange that Livingston would have applied for a second time.

A majority of clubs voted against them - not being from Fife was one issue that was considered

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to the match programme for yesterday's Burntisland v Preston groundhop game the Shippy go for glory on home turf - when they host Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers in the final on Tuesday 24th April (7pm).

Nice to hear Shippy are planning ahead Cowden and Rovers still have to confirm a date for the semi final in between both sides Development League games.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Central Fife Times last week mentioned that there had been a provisional date chosen for the semi final between Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers.

edit , might have picked up that wrong after reading cowdenbeaths post

I think there is a date Gogsy just to be confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...