Fife Cup

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Have no fear - for, as you'd expect, I actually came through to see this. Legendary ending :lol:!!

It wasn't the best of games but Raith's goal and Cowdenbeath's second were crackers. On 93min the floodlights went off. They twice came back on but just warming-up and once the Main Stand lights went off. Ref brought players over to the dug-outs and after about 10min he blew the full-time whistle - and the tannoy announced the game was abandoned and an announcement would be at a future date about whether it would be replayed etc.

Most of the couple of hundred crowd left at this point... However within 2min of the announcement the lights came back on in full - at this point the claims of underhand doings started from the away fans. Some of us hung about, wondering if they might surreptitiously restart the game. Ref came back out still stripped and on his phone. Stewards were clearing stand, and even when Raith players came out claimed it was just "warming down". They spread-out into a match formation though. Cowdenbeath also came back and did the same. Clearly no warm-down.

Match resumed with by my reckoning 12 fans in the stand, myself included :lol:. Ref played 2.5min. Others returned and there were about 30 to see FT and the trophy presentation. Cowdenbeath - champions of Fife.

I was one of the 12:lol: I was actually outside when someone came out the main door and told me they were restarting the game glad they did would have been gutted not to see the boys get the cup as i've been to about 99% of their games this season.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was one of the 12:lol: I was actually outside when someone came out the main door and told me they were restarting the game glad they did would have been gutted not to see the boys get the cup as i've been to about 99% of their games this season.

You came close to having been at 99% of that one.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

You came close to having been at 99% of that one.

True Zen but after spending many a cold night in the pissing rain up at Kelty I would have been gutted not to have seen them lift the cup:lol: 

Just now, Zen Archer said:

Were you at the game that was postponed due to freezing fog?

Aye were you? That was mad got foggy going out of Cowden, cleared up a bit when I got to Kelty and then came down at NCP. 

Just now, Zen Archer said:

Aye, it was actually quite funny watching the lino disappear into the mist.

Thinking about it we've not had much luck with 20s games between the sides between fog and floodlights.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

1-0 win for Cowden at Bayview

Not the greatest of games. 172 looked on as Cowden scored the only goal of the game some seven minutes before the break. Not certain about the composition of the visitors' line-up but East Fife gave several fringe players a start.

Not too much between the sides in terms of possession. Cowden probably kept their shape better and certainly defended well when under pressure. East Fife had plenty of decent deliveries into the box, unfortunately without an end product. Good to see Kevin Smith getting an hour or so on the park after a lengthy lay off through injury...     

Not the greatest of games. 172 looked on as Cowden scored the only goal of the game some seven minutes before the break. Not certain about the composition of the visitors' line-up but East Fife gave several fringe players a start.
Not too much between the sides in terms of possession. Cowden probably kept their shape better and certainly defended well when under pressure. East Fife had plenty of decent deliveries into the box, unfortunately without an end product. Good to see Kevin Smith getting an hour or so on the park after a lengthy lay off through injury...     

Cowden had 5 of last week's starting line up in their XI

It is becoming a real concern the failure to score.Unless East Fife find more potential goal scorers things could go very wrong.The amount of corners we have without a goal threat is beyond belief as is the amount of crosses put in the box with no East Fife striker going for the ball.There were a few signs of discontent from fans today.

• 5 weeks later...