Payback 2015

Kryptonite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ambrose/Reigns Kane powebomb was superb. Could have ended it between Ambrose and Reigns and it would have been a cracking end. Just can't take Rollins seriously as a champion with all the shite that comes with him.

Decent show overall. Called the finish to the IQuit match on Twitter about a week ago. Not a bad match aside.

Thought the main event was awesome, but could've been slightly better. Saying that though, I didn't seriously think anyone else would walk out of Payback as champ. Rollins is fucking awesome (excluding his attempt at a pedigree).

I think Rollins-Ambrose next. Can't see Ambrose winning MITB.

I'll give more thoughts when I'm done, but Cena, again, the absolute master of those big main event style brawls. Another corker with another guy who is likely to not have a match that good ever again.

Tag match was great. Cesaro and Kidd are superb together and im enjoying New Day gimmick as heels

Xavier Woods is superb, the heel turn has really turned around a gimmick that must surely have been about to be binned. Really enjoying them now.

I appreciate why John Cena will probably never turn heel (although it would be brilliant if he did) and as the WWE top-earner, needs to win a majority of his matches... as well, outside of wrestling he seems like a good guy, but it does become a bit tedious when he comes up against big brutes such as Khali, Umaga or Rusev and wins every time - despite the odds.

Thought it was a solid PPV, the first match was probably my favourite, but the main event really heated up midway through. Ryback's costume looked like he shat himself.

My favourite moment from the main event was when Reigns and Ambrose destroyed everyone, smiled at each other, then got in the ring waiting until both men were ready and had it out. Different class. New day drinking milk out of champagne glasses was class. Fav part of that promo was Big E saying 'we don't spit' then spitting his milk out when the Elimination Chamber match gets announced. Class.

There was quality wrestling, but it felt more like a preview of Elimination Chamber than an actual PPV. Sheamus vs Ziggler and New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd were the highlights for me, I'm really enjoying Xavier Woods' work right now, especially since he was possibly the most dispensable member of the roster only a few months ago.

I can't see me renewing my subscription again until Summerslam. I think they are struggling with a lack of star power right now, hopefully the injection of NXT talent can help sort that.

Archived