Democracy

Moonglum25

Interesting to see the male who shouted something to do with the SNP at Cameron today physically removed from the meeting. Why was he assaulted and what happened to free speech? I think I would have been calling in the police and the press after the incident.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see the male who shouted something to do with the SNP at Cameron today physically removed from the meeting. Why was he assaulted and what happened to free speech? I think I would have been calling in the police and the press after the incident.

I was thinking something similar. Was funny listening to it on the BBC and them struggling to find the words to describe what was happing to the guy.

Same over the top reaction as yesterday's incident with Jim the Morph.

How is it that freedom of speech is only allowed to politicians in these situations? They get to spout their views to a national audience day after week after month, but as soon as someone else tries to have their say then they're huckled out of the place and denounced by everyone. Yet the media and politicians are always complaining about lack of engagement of the electorate. Here's someone who's engaged (and actually had a legitimate grievance, if you've heard him being interviewed) and he's made to shut up and horsed out of the place. :shutup

Poor Mr Cameron has his lovely stage-managed 'local' speech ruined by one of these oinks that weren't invited.Obviously as he still needs votes shooting him as a terrorist was not an option so just a simple manhandling out was the only choice.

Freedom of speech is perfectly ok. As long as members of the public don't try it.

Freedom of speech or getting in someones face to abuse them in a aggressive manner,big difference between the 2.

post-53474-14308974582328_thumb.jpg

Freedom of speech or getting in someones face to abuse them in a aggressive manner,big difference between the 2.

To you, irony is just a description for metal isn't it?

Kev

I think I'm asking on behalf of most people on here

CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE RECORD?

Every single post mate. FFS. :lol:

To many people see the snp as the party that can do no wrong,when people challange that you dont like it do you,

To many people see the snp as the party that can do no wrong,when people challange that you dont like it do you,

More shite. I don't want to see anyone "in someone's face". But we all have a right to speak in public places without being manhandled. Do you think the ladies who had a go at Blair and Brown should have been manhandled? What about the old boy who was heaved from the labour party conference despite being there legitimately and not in anyone's face?

I understand your need for petty points scoring - it's all you've got apart from "the mantra". #fucked

Pish

You'll find me on here slating silly comments made by SNP candidates

At the end of the day there were a few hecklers, big fucking deal, I don't agree with it and it's annoyed me but this isn't one sided.

What about the people that were threatening that SNP office and the lady inside it in Glasgow the other day, why aren't you regurgitating that over and over on every thread?

This isn't a one sided thing Kev, you're acting like it is because of the side you so happen to be on and the things you're seeing.

I'm on the other side and seeing the opposite happen. Nasty things happen to the people on the SNP side to ya know.

You just won't find me greeting about it everywhere because I realise there's numpties on all sides. Which you clearly don't. Did the nasty SNP folk do this aswell?

post-14721-14308999990142_thumb.jpg

I am glad you agree. Now where is the condemnation of the SNP supporter being ejected from a Garden Centre just because he wanted to air his views at the same time as David Cameron????

It was a private invite only - like all the Tories/Labour/Lib Dem events in this election campaign.

It was a private invite only - like all the Tories/Labour/Lib Dem events in this election campaign.

He was in the middle of a garden centre though, that's a public place. And the guy manhandling him away wasn't a policeman, so legally he can't do that, and the guy hadn't broken any laws anyway.

That was more reminiscent of Soviet Russia than a modern democracy. He is allowed to shout, heckle, protest, and its illegal for the guy to drag him away like that. That is assault.

He was in the middle of a garden centre though, that's a public place. And the guy manhandling him away wasn't a policeman, so legally he can't do that, and the guy hadn't broken any laws anyway.

That was more reminiscent of Soviet Russia than a modern democracy. He is allowed to shout, heckle, protest, and its illegal for the guy to drag him away like that. That is assault.

The garden centre was actually closed to the public at the time. Only one news report stated this and it must have been a slip. They don't want people to know that all these public speaches are actually private sermons.

Archived