Democracy

Moonglum25

The garden centre was actually closed to the public at the time. Only one news report stated this and it must have been a slip. They don't want people to know that all these public speaches are actually private sermons.

Even then its illegal for someone who isn't a policeman to physically manhandle someone like that. But yeah you're right they try to pretend they are making speeches to the public when really they're closed door speeches to carefully selected party members and activists and friendly journalists.

Reminded me of this

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear that they can't.

Labour come across as a party that can do no right. Their desperate little stunt in Glasgow to try and rally up anti-snp propaganda has backfired. More negative press the SNP get, the stronger they become. 8)

a

If the snp got negative press yesterday dont blame labour,blame the 2 snp members who crossed the line as condemmed by nicola sturgeon.

I still think if someone is doing a public speech then just leave them to it as there are those who want to hear what they have to say and its bad manners to shout at people.

I still think if someone is doing a public speech then just leave them to it as there are those who want to hear what they have to say and its bad manners to shout at people.

I think that's naive, people have every single bit as much right to protest Murphy's speech as he has to make it. That's democracy.

I think that's naive, people have every single bit as much right to protest Murphy's speech as he has to make it. That's democracy.

The guy heckling Cameron though - its only natural for people acting like that to be ushered out of the premises. if there was a speaker playing at a town hall and someone started shouting like that when there were people who had shown up there to listen to them then they would be asked to leave. Don't think we need to go into over load about it the Scottish guy was clearly being disruptive

The guy heckling Cameron though - its only natural for people acting like that to be ushered out of the premises. if there was a speaker playing at a town hall and someone started shouting like that when there were people who had shown up there to listen to them then they would be asked to leave. Don't think we need to go into over load about it the Scottish guy was clearly being disruptive

The difference being, that the audience at the town hall have paid to listen to the speaker.

The difference being, that the audience at the town hall have paid to listen to the speaker.

Well thats fair enough - you show up in any sort of premiss and start shouting your mouth off and someone will try and get you out of there and calm you down. Nothing to do with democracy or lack of democracy

Well thats fair enough - you show up in any sort of premiss and start shouting your mouth off and someone will try and get you out of there and calm you down. Nothing to do with democracy or lack of democracy

I assume that someone came in and did the same to Cameron then? Fairness and all that....

In terms of democracy it has everything to do with it. What happened is democracy in action - challenging elected officials is not un-democratic.

Interesting to see the male who shouted something to do with the SNP at Cameron today physically removed from the meeting. Why was he assaulted and what happened to free speech? I think I would have been calling in the police and the press after the incident.

See, that's not really free speech. That's just being a shouty lunatic. Free speech, for me, would be talking, asking questions, or protesting outside.

If people just shout at each other, what does that achieve? I blame those fucks at PM Questions for giving the impression that shouting at each other is a reasonable thing to do.

See, that's not really free speech. That's just being a shouty lunatic. Free speech, for me, would be talking, asking questions, or protesting outside.

If people just shout at each other, what does that achieve? I blame those fucks at PM Questions for giving the impression that shouting at each other is a reasonable thing to do.

Being a 'shouty lunatic' IS free speech. That's what it is.

Of course it is free speech. Your acceptance or otherwise of the method that he used to express it is, quite frankly, neither here nor there.

Fair enough........ but did the guy not start by politely asking Cameron if he thought his comments were being racist towards the Scots.

Even a second rate politician like John Prescott would have handled it quite easily without using force.

Think you need a big bag.

Things we are responsible for and are doing a good job considering a lot of our money disappears down a black hole in SW1A

I'm intrigued Kev, which Pouter are you?

Bouncers in nightclubs have legal rights to manhandle someone out of the venue. They are trained and insured for that and can only do it on and immediately outside the premises they work in.

Security at a political rally do not, they would be entitled to act if he tried to attack Cameron, they can't assault him cause he wants to put some views across to him. You go and try and drag someone out of B and Q today and see what happens to you, the police would be called and you'd be arrested.

And what we he doing that was so objectionable? Shouting his views to the PM who represents him and is democratically elected by people like him. Nothing illegal and something he actually has a legally protected right to do. Its disgraceful and not something that is indicative of a democratic society.

Archived