Pre-Season Friendlies Fixtures/Results/Everything Else In-Between

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic 1 Real Sociedad 0 another GMS goal in pre season set up by Nadir Ciftci just after he had been brought on

Though we looked a lot sharper tonight, Ciftci as well looked good when he came on, a few nice flicks and touches. And the First XI we played tonight will be the one for next Wednesday IMO, barring injuries

Last night was just a setback. Watch us win the Oban tournament tomorrow to lay down a marker for the rest of the dross in this league.

In light of the first mention of the Oban Tournament, Id like to pre-remind everyone that its our youth side thats being sent up, in comparison to others first teams.

In light of the first mention of the Oban Tournament, Id like to pre-remind everyone that its our youth side thats being sent up, in comparison to others first teams.

Are your first team still in hiding in a remote Perthshire bunker?

Are your first team still in hiding in a remote Perthshire bunker?

I believe their taking the next month off to recover from the travelling

This is the first time we've not sent our youth team I think. We'll have quite a few youngsters as well if the last few friendlies have went but it'll be a strong squad. Think we're only doing it to make sure everyone gets a few minutes under their belt.

Default position. Good game?

Good enough for a friendly. First half was pretty pish, although after the break we looked sharper and were getting more good opportunities. Play like that midweek and we should beat Stjarnan easily.

Good enough for a friendly. First half was pretty pish, although after the break we looked sharper and were getting more good opportunities. Play like that midweek and we should beat Stjarnan easily.

I'm not a huge "friendly" fan, but I might pop along to the game next Wednesday for a football fix. I'd be very surprised if you don't win very comfortably.

Not sure what kind of team we'll put out tomorrow at Methil against Socieadad, if the u20's are at Oban a few first teamers and trialists must be likely

Been confirmed Liam Craig, Jim McAlister and Rhys McCabe will all feature. Expect McKay, Caddis and Cummins will definitely start too

We sent our youth side up.

Currently beaten Oban Saints 2-1, and Alloa u20s 1-0 and lost to the first teams of Hearts (2-1) and Hamilton (2-0)

Archived