Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know he might not be everyone's cup of tea but Alan Johnson was probably the person who should have been leader after Brown instead of the useless Millibean.

He's respected by both the left and the Blairites, a strong union background, and would have made a good interim leader whilst the party found a direction.

Could that possibility happen again?

Because at the current time I can't see anyone else who could unite the party.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he might not be everyone's cup of tea but Alan Johnson was probably the person who should have been leader after Brown instead of the useless Millibean.

He's respected by both the left and the Blairites, a strong union background, and would have made a good interim leader whilst the party found a direction.

I like Alan Johnson, but he never wanted to be leader and, by all accounts, had a pretty unsuccessful stint as Miliband's shadow chancellor. Yvette Cooper should have stood in 2010 instead of Ed Balls. If she had, I think there's a good chance Labour would have been in government now.

The Labour Party is finding direction, what they need is a credible leader that supports that direction. Alan Johnson is not that man.

BTW that direction is one that many sitting MPs do not share.

The Labour Party is finding direction, what they need is a credible leader that supports that direction. Alan Johnson is not that man.

A direction of become a protest group not a credible political party.

Labour could learn a lot from the SNP whose own left credentials are much more hinged in reality than those of the Labour Left.

A direction of become a protest group not a credible political party.

Labour could learn a lot from the SNP whose own left credentials are much more hinged in reality than those of the Labour Left.

The problem is that Labour were failing even with Brown. Their move to a protest group isn't based on Corbyn - that's a symptom of a longterm illness, not a cause. Labour illness set in during Blair's reign, and they're currently at the tertiary stage of syphilis. Whatever they apply, the ravages of the disease have broken out visibly.

The problem is that Labour were failing even with Brown. Their move to a protest group isn't based on Corbyn - that's a symptom of a longterm illness, not a cause. Labour illness set in during Blair's reign, and they're currently at the tertiary stage of syphilis. Whatever they apply, the ravages of the disease have broken out visibly.

That's a beautiful image.

Johnson behaved like a total cock on Daily Politics last week. Toys out the pram and took the huff when a left wing guy called him out on gravy training and neo liberalism in the plp

Johnson behaved like a total cock on Daily Politics last week. Toys out the pram and took the huff when a left wing guy called him out on gravy training and neo liberalism in the plp

He came across like a total loon, the absolute worst of entitled, self-denying Labour. It was everyone else's fault that the party was a mess, and he even said it was left wingers like the Corbyn supporter who "hated" Labour (rather than the Tories) and that they were not welcome in the party he loved.

It's attitudes like his that make me enjoy seeing "the party he loves" break out in weeping, syphilitic pustules, and whining that it's all the doctor's fault, not the patient's years of unsheathed prostitution.

He came across like a total loon, the absolute worst of entitled, self-denying Labour. It was everyone else's fault that the party was a mess, and he even said it was left wingers like the Corbyn supporter who "hated" Labour (rather than the Tories) and that they were not welcome in the party he loved.

It's attitudes like his that make me enjoy seeing "the party he loves" break out in weeping, syphilitic pustules, and whining that it's all the doctor's fault, not the patient's years of unsheathed prostitution.

That sums up Labour's current predicament perfectly.

Self-denial.

If anyone dares to point out what a shambing, incoherent, centrist mess they are, they chuck all their toys out the pram.

I like Alan Johnson, but he never wanted to be leader and, by all accounts, had a pretty unsuccessful stint as Miliband's shadow chancellor. Yvette Cooper should have stood in 2010 instead of Ed Balls. If she had, I think there's a good chance Labour would have been in government now.

Completely out of his depth as shadow chancellor lasting only 3 months, his credibility has suffered ever since.

Reports today that Momentum are targeting Stella Creasy for deselection. Last night they held a demonstration outside her constituency office which then moved to outside her home.

Do these people seriously think that deselecting an MP like Creasy is going to help Labour? Holding demonstrations outside opponents houses is also very worrying, it's intimidation. If the Labour Party is going to be remoulded on the image of these people then it is completely, utterly screwed.

Reports today that Momentum are targeting Stella Creasy for deselection. Last night they held a demonstration outside her constituency office which then moved to outside her home.

Do these people seriously think that deselecting an MP like Creasy is going to help Labour? Holding demonstrations outside opponents houses is also very worrying, it's intimidation. If the Labour Party is going to be remoulded on the image of these people then it is completely, utterly screwed.

Forgot, the Labour Party were wiped out in Scotland.

So no Douglas Alexander to banter with with.

Pity.

Oooft, Johnson now stroking off Cameron whilst bitterly complaining about his own party's front bench "finger-stabbing purveyors of this gentle, new kind of politics".

I get far too much pleasure out of seeing Blairites go full-on Red Tory without seeing a single flaw in their actions or words.

Archived