Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Labour PLP's, MP's and members had poured as much energy into fighting the Tories in May as they have to fighting Corbyn at present, Westminster might look very different right now.

There are many reasons we lost the election in May. Not fighting the Tories is not one of them. We had a massive ground campaign but were hindered by an unpopular leader, a directionless shadow cabinet and a lack of economic credibility.

I think Oldham is a good example of the energies Labour have. Both momentum and progress, two groups at opposite ends of the party, who don't exactly see eye to eye on much both campaigned for the same man to get elected at the weekend. We've volunteers from every part of our party trying to get our man elected. There are many things wrong with our party at the moment, but the efforts on the ground and efforts are elections are not part of them.

Only true if they are confident that there is no danger of deselection as the parliamentary candidate for their constituency. If Corbyn controls party HQ and the large influx of left leaning new members organise themselves to oust the Blairites reselection is no sure thing.

I think they'll bide time a bit. They'll be wanting a few poor by election results and I think poor by election results/poor polling will be the straw the breaks the camel's back. The can shout "look! He's unelectable" and you can be assured they'll have be better organised and pull out ever trick in the book to get their man in power in the resulting leadership contest.

There are many reasons we lost the election in May. Not fighting the Tories is not one of them. We had a massive ground campaign but were hindered by an unpopular leader, a directionless shadow cabinet and a lack of economic credibility.

I think Oldham is a good example of the energies Labour have. Both momentum and progress, two groups at opposite ends of the party, who don't exactly see eye to eye on much both campaigned for the same man to get elected at the weekend. We've volunteers from every part of our party trying to get our man elected. There are many things wrong with our party at the moment, but the efforts on the ground and efforts are elections are not part of them.

You don't appear interested in removing your head from the sand.

Do the Blairites think they're increasing or decreasing Corbyn's electability by constantly attacking him?

They're either idiots or liars - probably both.

Forgetting even Corbyn's electability. How about Labour's viability on a wider level? How is anyone supposed to be persuaded to vote for Labour when you have so many nee-liberal backbench MPs constantly sniping at their own leadership?

Forgetting even Corbyn's electability. How about Labour's viability on a wider level? How is anyone supposed to be persuaded to vote for Labour when you have so many nee-liberal backbench MPs constantly sniping at their own leadership?

Yep, Labour have very little chance of winning in 2020. If Corbyn hangs on, he will have been utterly destroyed by 5 years of his own party hounding him. There really isn't anyone else who's any good, as the leadership contest showed. So if the Blairites topple Corbyn against the whishes of the membership and rig the next contest to put a neo-lib drone in charge, you can kiss goodbye to electability in 2020.

Basically, unless the Tories line up Emperor Palpatine to replace Cameron, they're a shoe-in.

Yep, Labour have very little chance of winning in 2020. If Corbyn hangs on, he will have been utterly destroyed by 5 years of his own party hounding him. There really isn't anyone else who's any good, as the leadership contest showed. So if the Blairites topple Corbyn against the whishes of the membership and rig the next contest to put a neo-lib drone in charge, you can kiss goodbye to electability in 2020.

Basically, unless the Tories line up Emperor Palpatine to replace Cameron, they're a shoe-in.

If Labour oust Corbyn and place a Blairite at the helm, I can't see Labour getting back in for another 4 terms or so.

Unless, as you say, the Tories make an awful choice as leader or make some sort of mistake the electorate won't forgive.

I can't see that happening though. The Tories, in this Parliament, have played Labour like a Stradivariius time and time again.

If Labour oust Corbyn and place a Blairite at the helm, I can't see Labour getting back in for another 4 terms or so.

Unless, as you say, the Tories make an awful choice as leader or make some sort of mistake the electorate won't forgive.

I can't see that happening though. The Tories, in this Parliament, have played Labour like a Stradivariius time and time again.

You might find that this vote may be the undoing of the Tory party. Their arguments do not stand up to scrutiny and we know what happened the last time we undertook armed conflict on false premise.

You might find that this vote may be the undoing of the Tory party. Their arguments do not stand up to scrutiny and we know what happened the last time we undertook armed conflict on false premise.

Yep. BOOM, 3 elections and a global economic crisis later, with Frankenstein's Monster's less charismatic little brother in charge, Labour were booted out.

The electorate tend to forget thousands of dead brown people if they think they stand to lose/gain a couple of hundred quid.

Archived