Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10198532/Alex-Salmond-North-Sea-oil-worth-300000-for-every-Scot.html

I could have voted yes and according to alec salmond(2013)be better off by £300,000 thanks to the oil boom,i feel a right nawbag now so i do.

Legatum Prosperity Index puts Ireland above the UK. More importantly, 'prosperity' is measured not only in terms of wealth or GDP but in regards to health, education and happiness.

http://www.prosperity.com/#!/ranking

Funnily enough, small nations seem to crowd out the top ten? Wonder why Scotland wouldn't be amongst them?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legatum Prosperity Index puts Ireland above the UK. More importantly, 'prosperity' is measured not only in terms of wealth or GDP but in regards to health, education and happiness.

http://www.prosperity.com/#!/ranking

Funnily enough, small nations seem to crowd out the top ten? Wonder why Scotland wouldn't be amongst them?

You are quoting the neo-liberal Legatum Institute?

It's funded by a very rich Arab hedge fund and is based in a massive office in Mayfair.

You are quoting the neo-liberal Legatum Institute?

It's funded by a very rich Arab hedge fund and is based in a massive office in Mayfair.

So what?

It still puts very liberal Norway at the top of it's index. I'm inclined to believe what they say about Norway unless you can prove to me otherwise?

I'll probably vote the Greens in the hope they gain enough of a foothold in the parliament next year to hold the SNP to account from the left. As other posters have said though the vote from a left wing standpoint isn't great.

I have voted Lib Dem in the past due to federalist/PR leanings, by, given their ConDem coalition, I don't think that's an option I'll be taking for some time.

I'll never vote for them again. Viscerally anti-Scottish. Possibly the nadir was oor Scottish secretary taking a world tour to tell the world not to invest in Scotland. They need to die.

As other posters have said though the vote from a left wing standpoint isn't great.

The scary thing is though, it seems a way better selection that what they have down south!

My 2016 is pretty much a nailed on SNP/Green unless something drastic changes.

Despite being an absolute Yes enthusiast during referendum campaign, my belief in independence has only grown from the political reality since the no vote. Although I think a lot of it was pretty predictable, the brazen disrespect and contempt being shown for Scottish democracy is risible and the sooner we are our own state the better.

The one area of criticism for me of the SNP government is I don't think they push the Green agenda far enough.

Davidson's erse is knittin socks.

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/davidson-city-move-shows-shes-living-in-fear-of-being-wiped-out-in-glasgow.6029

THE SNP has accused Tory leader Ruth Davidson of “living in fear” of being wiped out in Scotland’s biggest city after she announced she will not stand again in Glasgow.

Instead of fighting for the chance to represent Glasgow, Davidson will seek election as an MSP in Edinburgh Central and also on the Lothians list.

I voted SNP/Green previously but after a bit of digging into Green agenda, their funding and some of the "characters" they have put forward for list votes, that'll be SNP/SNP for me. Harvie seems a goodish guy but some of other leading lights are dubious to say the least.

I voted SNP/Green previously but after a bit of digging into Green agenda, their funding and some of the "characters" they have put forward for list votes, that'll be SNP/SNP for me. Harvie seems a goodish guy but some of other leading lights are dubious to say the least.

Ross Greer, in particular seems like a particularly snidey little shitehawk in the Greens.

Ross Greer, in particular seems like a particularly snidey little shitehawk in the Greens.

Can you tell me what you know about this guy?

I have mutual friends with him and have come across him in the pub a few times and my gut feeling is he's a bit of a c**t but I can't quite decide why

Can you tell me what you know about this guy?

I have mutual friends with him and have come across him in the pub a few times and my gut feeling is he's a bit of a c**t but I can't quite decide why

Classes himself as a leftie and a christian, but he comes across as supercilious and it seems to be very much his way or the highway. Seems to have ideas above his station.

Archived