Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

What would it take for SNP voters to stop voting SNP?

I honestly don't think there's anything Labour can do. The only thing would be a huge scandal but I'm doubting Nicola Sturgeon is in league with the Albanian Mafia or anything like that.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll go out on a limb here and say not one constituency seat will go to the Tories or Lib Dems. They'll get a couple from the List vote though.

Lib dems will take one of Orkney or Shetland. Tories will take one of the border seats too I'd think.

I can see a clean sweep of constituency seats as well. The SNP can surely afford to throw massive amounts of resources at those few seats that aren't already completely locked in for them at this stage.

It's just a pity the "opposition" don't really have any scalps worth taking this time.

Ah, but it will have a good few ex-Westminster types looking to slink their way back in. Not quite as good as voting them out, but it'll still be fun to watch them fail on the night.

Lib dems will take one of Orkney or Shetland. Tories will take one of the border seats too I'd think.

Does the Lib Dem Scottish branch have the cash to run a campaign?

Does the Lib Dem Scottish branch have the cash to run a campaign?

I'm not sure it's going to matter. I know the general election was close in that seat and I think they'll take Shetland (I think it was Shetland who voted SNP) but Orkney will stay with the Lib Dems IMO.

One of the Borders/South of Scotland seats with let the side down too, and possibly some of the poshos in Edinburgh/Aberdeenshire too.

One party state is a beauty. I mean, I do think we need a credible opposition, but it's hardly the fault of the snp that the other parties are perceived as being so fucking useless, and vote for us because we're not the snp is not really an inspirational campaign slogan

No surprise that crime and justice is seen as the weakest area for the SNP. They have completely Hibsed it since day zero in that department.

apart from the fact that the crime rate is the lowest for about 30 years that is. A few lurid headlines don't change that fact

apart from the fact that the crime rate is the lowest for about 30 years that is. A few lurid headlines don't change that fact

Well our police are in a state of complete disarray and lets not even talk about the complete disaster that was the release of a convicted Islamic terrorist that was a complete embarrassment to Scotland.

lets not even talk about the complete disaster that was the release of a convicted Islamic terrorist that was a complete embarrassment to Scotland.

I had no issues with his release, and I didn't see it as an embarrassment to Scotland.

Well our police are in a state of complete disarray and lets not even talk about the complete disaster that was the release of a convicted Islamic terrorist that was a complete embarrassment to Scotland.

first part, absolute nonsense. Second part, Scotland does not have the death penalty so we had to release him under Scots law, a law that the SNP didn't just make up you know. If the USA was upset about the release it only proves that the Scottish Government were right

first part, absolute nonsense. Second part, Scotland does not have the death penalty so we had to release him under Scots law, a law that the SNP didn't just make up you know. If the USA was upset about the release it only proves that the Scottish Government were right

At what point did I say we should have the death penalty? You're putting words in my mouth.

I think the scumbag should have rotted in prison instead of being given a heroes welcome back home.

Archived