Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

I'm not interested in the potential of unionist parties to sneak in on the back of the Greens picking up votes. The SNP will clean house regardless and I'm uncomfortable having to give up my actual preference to keep voting in one party on the fear it'll let another in. That's part of the reason why I want to f**k off from Westminster.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Labour meltdown will be even better than at the WM elections.

Hopefully they'll accept what an utter irrelevance they have become

Picture the scene when Jackie Baillie gets papped out of Dumbarton, and store that picture in your head until next May

Ruth again on Good Morning Scotland once again banging on the nationalist drum.

It did make me laugh as she blames tactical voting for the Scottish Tories losing votes at the WM elections

I'm a Conservative and I voted SNP in May. I know several others who did the same.

Fide as usual is right on the ball here, SNP/SNP from now on until independence, then go with the party you feel entirely at home with, no matter who it is. A broad church in government is the way to go forward.

Ditto This

SNP are the immovable object and the irrisitable force.... and the only way they will ever get shifted Is by independence. Until that day SNP will have my vote.

I'm a Conservative and I voted SNP in May. I know several others who did the same.

I know Conservatives who voted tactically for Labour and the Lib Dems to keep out the SNP. The Tory vote will be squeezed very hard in seats which the party has no chance of winning.

The big question is whether Ruth Davidson can persuade anti-Corbyn voters to switch from Labour to the Conservatives. Recent polls suggest that she will struggle, especially with a dwindling number of activists and little money. It would not be a surprise if she looked for safe Tory seat in 2020.

Fide as usual is right on the ball here, SNP/SNP from now on until independence, then go with the party you feel entirely at home with, no matter who it is. A broad church in government is the way to go forward.

Ditto This

SNP are the immovable object and the irrisitable force.... and the only way they will ever get shifted Is by independence. Until that day SNP will have my vote.

^^^They know the score^^^

The SNP/Green split vote will only work over a very limited range of percentages, and the split vote runs the risk of losing seats instead of gaining them. SNP/SNP is the only option until independence unless you can accurately predict the list & constituency results for each and every party in each and every individual constituency seat across the regional list.

My crystal ball isn't that accurate.

The SNP/Green split vote will only work over a very limited range of percentages, and the split vote runs the risk of losing seats instead of gaining them. SNP/SNP is the only option until independence unless you can accurately predict the list & constituency results for each and every party in each and every individual constituency seat across the regional list.

Demanding you abandon your actual party and political preferences to get behind 'a broad church' is an awfully Labour thing to say. Think I'll stick with my actual preferences and take the chance that the SNP can convince enough people of their intentions to stay in government.

I live in Glasgow, where the SNP will likely sweep the board and are unlikely to make any kind of dent on the list. I'd rather maximise my vote and, if Harvie doesn't get in via the constituency route, ensure he gets in on the list.

Archived