Arches Nightclub Closed Down

NotThePars

Has anyone actually ever seen one of these testing stations in a dutch club?

Ive been too numerous clubs in Holland and have never seen any?

How do they work? does it give a full chemical breakdown of the pill? if so that is impressive.

They have them at Sonar

Has anyone actually ever seen one of these testing stations in a dutch club?

Ive been too numerous clubs in Holland and have never seen any?

How do they work? does it give a full chemical breakdown of the pill? if so that is impressive.

Not a full chemical breakdown but they tell you how much MDMA is in the pill. It's a start anyway and they also have staff to look out for anyone looking a bit worse for wear and offer them medical advice or water etc.

Definitely the way forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad day for clubbing in Glasgow. People came from all over the UK to go to nights herr. As has been said their zero tolerance approach in last couple of years has made them an easy target. Always had a good night there many years ago now

On Friday night we went through to the Arches. There was only one car going, so some of us had to get the train. We got through quite late. Then we went to a pub to take the gear. There was no problems getting in - we saw some others waiting down the front of the queue so we skipped in. It was a good night, everyone was nutted and I ended up dancing with some blonde girl. I thought she had been quite pretty until last night when Matthew informed me that she had, in fact, been a pig. When the club finished we wandered the streets for a while until we got to this 24-hour cafe but I didn't like the look of it so we left and got a taxi back to Morag's flat. I couldn't sleep, so I sat about drinking someone else's strawberry tonic wine and tried to keep everyone else up.

I went on a semi regular basis between 2006-2010 and have had some of the best nights of my life there, it was just a club like no other

I agree with D.A.F.C - if the authorities want to help clubbers be as safe as possible, use testing kits and provide free water. The heat inside gets severe as you can imagine and dehydration plays a major part, I'm pretty sure some of the nights i went there water was free mind you but if you have to pay for it then that just makes it worse.

Tight fisted attitudes towards drugs doesn't help anyone. The arches was well known for being a place that attracted drug users and for many years i had the feeling it was too good to be true and now its gone, a sad way of the times i suppose.

Archived