The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't know yet the result was Mo 1-0 Deveronvale. Meaningless from a result point of view but a decent run out for the squad. Training is one thing but playing a match is a much better loosener. The game was a bit tetchy at times mind.

Mo had only half a team out as many players were still on hols which is what's to be expected this time of the year with part time players who have families. Gave Heggy senior the chance to look at a few trialists and we might well have struck gold with two in particular.

The left back was Kyle Willox who I think has come from the youth ranks - might be wrong but as he was named on the teamsheet he's not a trialist. Both trialist centre backs one first half the other second half had shaky starts but matured as the game went on but still have a bit to do at L2 level. I hope our first choice centre backs are Steeves and Bolo who were both not there last night, Pascazio had a very good 90 minutes at CB though last night.

We need somebody up front to help Gary Fraser and the two lads who came on in the second half look to be be more than a bit useful.

A decent leg stretcher for a first game but we were missing a host of first choice players - just hope some are back for Tuesday as that's our only other friendly before Ross County in the League Cup and as holders I can't see them sending a weakened side.

Best kept under wraps just now but there were two of them and both looked good. Heggy is onto it.

Hope so!think their was foreigner in their aswell.....next Adrian???

Archived