The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard Chris Hegarty has been training pre season not sure if he will sign or not.

Would quite like to see a right back signed but unsure if Heggy would return. Depends where Mcwalter has been signed to play I suppose.

Hegs and Bolo in defence would be an absolute magnet for cards/fines/etc, not too enthused about that.

Glad Millar is signed, McWalter less so on last season.

All gone a bit quiet here has it not.First pre season game Friday against Deveronvale fc should be a tough encounter and a good test.Hegarty in the paper saying he is hoping to have a few trialists for the game.

I'm making the journey up for the game on Friday night but I'm in two minds about the team Heggy should put out. I'd like to see our best eleven for at least 45 minutes to allow the new players to fit into a well shaped team but I can also see it's important to try out a few trialists. Mind you I think trialists will be sussed out before public games like Deveronvale so maybe only those who look decent enough will feature. Hope the two keepers get 45 minutes each. Looking forward to it already and hope we get a solid performance and not just a half hearted run around bearing in mind we only have two friendlies.

It looks like the leagues strengthened quite a bit this year and Mo basically have same players as last season?

Dont have the ££££ the smokies seem to be throwing anyway.Be a few more additions I would think will just have to wait and see.

I was sure that at the start of last season Montrose beat Arbroath,Elgin, Clyde and were in the top four until they picked up around 8 injuries to key players. So the team might not be that bad 😬

It certainly looks bad on paper . Ross Campbell, bolo , Gary Fraser and Paul Watson. Jesus Christ why do you guys bother every season guaranteed pish

I was sure that at the start of last season Montrose beat Arbroath,Elgin, Clyde and were in the top four until they picked up around 8 injuries to key players. So the team might not be that bad 😬

Naw I just mean I'm not sure how you seem to be confident of 4th when it's the same team that finished 8th that's all. I'm not overly confident of 4th for us and we're looking a million times better this year.

It certainly looks bad on paper . Ross Campbell, bolo , Gary Fraser and Paul Watson. Jesus Christ why do you guys bother every season guaranteed pish

Did you get the chance to watch any of these players last year?

Archived