The Montrose Thread

He really wasn't that successful though and maybe the board were sick of listening to his pish and watching stoneage fitba every week?

Took over in the 3rd and was a Hibsed it (can't use that word now) performance, twice, away from the Championship. What more could Forfar really want?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaping up to be an interesting season. Mo making a few signings which are making the news for better or worse and at present I'm happy to back Heggies judgement.With 3 new teams in L2 this coming season it makes away days a bit different and at present I can't see a stand out candidate for the title. Last season I thought East Fife would do it and they finally did but whilst everybody will fancy their chances I reckon it is there for the taking by most teams. Clyde will no doubt splutter and stutter as usual, Stirling will think they are big enough to deserve it, Arbroath will fancy it but I reckon still have a lot to do. Cowden, Forfar and Edin City we just don't have much of a clue about and could emerge strongly or go entirely down the pan. Elgin could go either way after just missing out. Annan are re-building so are in unknown territory. As for Berwick, well we all know they are unbeatable don't we.Anyway looking forward to it all and can't wait even for the pre-season friendlies to be announced. Nice little outing to Keith or similar would be good - a long way for me but at a decent time of the year. What will be will be but I think the Mo might just surprise a few people this coming season.

Decent summary, but still a tad early to tell, from a personal note, Arbroath FC including loan plays still have around a third of the squad to sign, after the first set of fixtures things should be a bit clearer!

Good bit about Jordan millar in the montrose review.Open to a return to links park if he can not find a full time club.Would love to see Jordan back here next year.

Does the article suggest that he will be at Montrose if he was to go part time or just that he is open to it? Cracking young goalkeeper and our results certainly took a dip when he was out but the pessimist in me feels like he can do better than us, even in part time football

I too would love to see Jordan back between the sticks for us but to be fair to the lad I want the best for him as well. He is a good lad with good parents too but as I've said before, at his young age he needs to be playing football and not just warming a bench somewhere. If that means part time football then he knows he will get first team football at Montrose which will still give him a launch pad into bigger and better things in the future. He has the physique and temperament to do well. Only downside might be the lack of a goalkeeping coach but I think he's bright enough to go it alone anyway. Hope it works out well for him whether or not it's with the Mo.

Hopefully be some news this week regarding signings.Cant be that long till their back for pre-season two goalkeepers still required along with a goalkeeping coach as jimmy butter seems to have left the club.Would still like to see us getting in 4-5 outfield players in aswell.

Shite, no awaydays on the Saturdays 😠

Agreed, would have liked to have at least one away Saturday game in the cup. Never mind will have to wait for league campaign.

Archived